payrate help needed

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by deathracer, Jul 18, 2008.

1. deathracer

deathracer New Member

ok so i started working last year at my hub and started of at $8.50, but because they started some new system wich allows anyone to sort i didnt get the dollar for being in a skilled position. but now i make $9.00 and today i looked at my check and got some hours paid at $9.00 and the last day(friday) i got paid at $10.00. im guessing cause of the new contract wich is gonna make preloaders and sorters start at $9.50 or so i read, now i hear that were gonna be getting a $0.75 cent raise on august 1 for ppl on the old contract, but i wanna know if that raise is gonna also gonna count as my 1 year raise as my 1 year anniversary is also in august. sorry for typing too much.
  2. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

you got the 6mo 50 cents, is that right? If so you might get a 35 cent raise Aug 1 and another Feb 1. up to 70 cents.
  3. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Raises go to the end range. Not people in progression.
  4. IDoLessWorkThanMost

Did you even read his post?
  5. Pollocknbrown

Pollocknbrown Member

LMFAO haha im falling asleep in my chair but that made me laugh hysterically
  6. IDoLessWorkThanMost

when i make a joke though no one finds it funny. :O

The question is as a part-timer what raises will he see.

Here's the deal - after you make your 30 working days, you get a raise after 90 days beyond seniority.

If the author "deathracer" (mind you a very ironic UPS name itself) made seniority anytime before Aug 1st 2007, he/she will likely see a 35 cent raise Aug 1st 2008.

If it was after August 1st 2007, which it sounds like, will recieve the 35 cent raise on the date he/she finishes 1 year.

As far as the old contract, shred it and use it for stuffing Christmas gifts, you aren't seeing any old contract raises as the new contract is in effect.
  7. deathracer

deathracer New Member

8. IDoLessWorkThanMost

Yeah, the master clearly says that we get one half raise aug 1st, one half feb 1st. Either half can be allocated to H&W instead of our paychecks, so they are not garaunteed. Although previous contracts all had this language and we recieved most of those raises.

Basically you'll get 35 cents on your 1 year anniversary