Payroll Screw Up

whenIgetthere

Trust me it's no "mistake" accounting was hiding money from stockholders..

The real screw up apparently is everyone getting paid a week late for xmas eve and newyears eve
because payroll changed the cutoff times for payroll, and didn't seem to mention it to anyone.

so if you worked 6 days, watch your hrs to make sure you were paid correctly
also if you were tu-sa and worked monday-sat make sure you got OT on the right days.

They're trying to screw us out of OT for Monday here. All Tu-Sa were scheduled off Dec. 26th, then tried to tell us it was LWOP. All the affected employees got together and approached managers and HR. Waiting for district decision now.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I guess this must be part of their money saving plan for wall street too..

Screw peoples checks up so royally and several times that one would need to hire a forensic auditor to see how many hours they shaved off your check...

Even if 1 out of a hundred give up trying to track down what they are owed it will help the bottom line....

thedownhillEXPRESS

Question for UPS'ers, how complicated are your checks when itemized for hours, hourly rate, overtime etc?

I guarantee FEDEX has the most insane and complicated looking pay stub that has ever graced corporate america.

Its no accident its that way either....

vantexan

I guess this must be part of their money saving plan for wall street too..

Screw peoples checks up so royally and several times that one would need to hire a forensic auditor to see how many hours they shaved off your check...

Even if 1 out of a hundred give up trying to track down what they are owed it will help the bottom line....

But heaven help you if they think they overpaid you. When I got rehired they claimed they overpaid me $500 when I resigned. Took it out of my first 3 paychecks, part-time at $10.85hr. To this day I really don't know if they truly overpaid me(how did it end up being exactly $500?). I suspect they wanted me to subsidize their cost for rehiring me.

Goldilocks

They're trying to screw us out of OT for Monday here. All Tu-Sa were scheduled off Dec. 26th, then tried to tell us it was LWOP. All the affected employees got together and approached managers and HR. Waiting for district decision now.

I'm so glad you guys banned together to fight this. If this does not work, call HR in Memphis. Bypass your local HR. I dont call our HR anymore, they are very good friends with all the managers.

Goldilocks

I never had direct deposit.I was never inconvenienced.Sometimes i would save up 5 or 6 checks before going to bank(which was on route).Don't have direct with pension check either.Only get 1 a month though,plenty of time to go to bank.To bad people like you have to live pay check to pay check

You are very lucky and should count your blessings because most of us need our checks to pay bills and eat.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never had direct deposit.I was never inconvenienced.Sometimes i would save up 5 or 6 checks before going to bank(which was on route).Don't have direct with pension check either.Only get 1 a month though,plenty of time to go to bank.To bad people like you have to live pay check to pay check

At what point did I ever say that I live paycheck to paycheck? I prefer the convenience of direct deposit and online banking/bill pay. I'll bet you're one of those people who pays their bills in person or by mail and still uses a rotary telephone. I am paperless direct deposit and go to upsers.com Thursday mornings to check my paystub. My bills are scheduled a month in advance. I can't recall the last time that I actually went inside my bank other than to use the ATM.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Happened to me as well. Got paid three times, took back two. Didn't notice until a coworker called me. My understanding it supposedly had to do with the cut off of payroll. Everyone was supposed to get the hours in Sunday, instead of Monday. We actually had people that had their o.t. checks "fedexed" to them (from Christmas). Still SMDH.

DontThrowPackages

Lots of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. One can make the choice to live in a ghetto or try their best to live in a decent neighborhood that may mean spending more money than they would like. People that done have to live this way are usually still living with their moms, rent free, no kids, free meals, etc. Great for you that you can leave 6 paychecks laying around the house and not have to worry.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Happened to me as well. Got paid three times, took back two. Didn't notice until a coworker called me. My understanding it supposedly had to do with the cut off of payroll. Everyone was supposed to get the hours in Sunday, instead of Monday. We actually had people that had their o.t. checks "fedexed" to them (from Christmas). Still SMDH.

I agree with the person who said that our payroll is unnecessarily complicated. IMO, the harder it is for the employee to understand, the easier it is to short-change them. Just look at the overall pay scheme with it's multiple market levels and arcane "determinations' that decide what level your station is at. I'm aware of 2 stations approximately 20 miles apart where the cost of living is identical, yet one is at the next lower pay level. As Will Ferrell said so eloquently in the movie Elf, " You sit on a throne of lies" Mr. Smith.

packageguy

wr
Did anyone else have issues this week with their paycheck? My husband got paid 3 times, 2 the same amount and the other different amount. I got an extra 400 dollars, but it was adjusted. What the heck is going on with Express payroll?

​they were in the giving mood...

RTURNSONLY

Lots of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.
Some recent studies estimate that as high as 77% of Americans now live paycheck-to-paycheck. I'm sure that percentage will go even higher since the Social Security payroll tax deduction went back up to 6.2% (from 4.2%) starting January 1st. If, for example, you earn $50,000 a year, your Social Security tax will increase by about $1,000 over a year. :biting:

RTURNSONLY

Fedex credit union is the worst for that.
Until recently, I had a checking/saving/loan with FECCA and I really hate their service. I've called and requested to stop the automatic payroll deduction to pay back the loan. They processed the request a couple of days later, but did not informed me when this became effective so I could begin repaying myself online. Consequently, I was 3 days late making the first payment. Meanwhile, they had frozen my debit card and I wasn't able to make any withrawals from my checking or savings. I called and closed the account immediately. Now, I deal with a local credit union that treats me with respect, where I pay my loan monthly and not WEEKLY like before with "my own" credit union.

Goldilocks

Come to find out that Payroll sent out emails to all managers on the deadline for employee timecards, due to the way Christmas and New Years fell this year. If you did not get paid for these days you can point your finger at your manager because he or she did not do their job.....

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I agree with the person who said that our payroll is unnecessarily complicated. IMO, the harder it is for the employee to understand, the easier it is to short-change them. Just look at the overall pay scheme with it's multiple market levels and arcane "determinations' that decide what level your station is at. I'm aware of 2 stations approximately 20 miles apart where the cost of living is identical, yet one is at the next lower pay level. As Will Ferrell said so eloquently in the movie Elf, " You sit on a throne of lies" Mr. Smith.

I work at at sta. that is dead in the middle of the payscale. The next sta. to the North of me is about 30 miles away and they're at the top scale. The cost of living is actually more where I live.

BTW, I've never, ever been told that there was such a thing as the FDX credit union. I use a local credit union.

StuffItFred

BTW, I've never, ever been told that there was such a thing as the FDX credit union. I use a local credit union.

LOL, I have worked for Federal Express for 19yrs and only in the past year heard about the credit union. But, I refused to even look into it as I already knew if Satan had a hand in anything involving said credit union I knew to steer clear.

But yes there is a Fedex employee credit union. ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I work at at sta. that is dead in the middle of the payscale. The next sta. to the North of me is about 30 miles away and they're at the top scale. The cost of living is actually more where I live.

All one big scam.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
LOL, I have worked for Federal Express for 19yrs and only in the past year heard about the credit union. But, I refused to even look into it as I already knew if Satan had a hand in anything involving said credit union I knew to steer clear.

But yes there is a Fedex employee credit union. ;)

Yeah,
For the first 5 yrs. I wasn't on direct depo. Didn't want X knowing where I did my banking.
I've caved since and actually find it nicer. I did get the Indian Giver double pay experience.