payroll

-×-

Since beginning work at UPS my checks have been a direct deposit. At the beginning of December I checked my bank account to see no pay was deposited, after calling my supervisor I found out payroll accidentally fired me causing my direct deposit to stop. I had to drive to the UPS facility to pick up my live check because of the mishap. last week I again had to pick up a live check (it takes 2-3 pays for direct deposit to renstate) and realized my check was short money that they had overpaid into federal taxes. At that point I filed an inquiry with my supervisor. Today i again checked my account to see if my direct deposit was back on and if the money missing from last week was recouped, no deposit.. I then checked upsers to see my check information and again was shorted this pay as well. I spoke with my supervisor this morning asking what was going on since I had yet to hear anything from the initial inquiry and why they were still taking out more than they should have for federal. My supervisor then informed me that when they accidentally fired me it reset everything and put changed my federal withholdings to 25%. He then told me that I'll have to wait until I file taxes to get that money back. I am now out $$$ and they aren't doing anything to fix their mistake. What can I do? Anyone else go through a similar experince?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You didn't have money missing last week. It went to taxes. If it was overpaid you'll get it back come tax time b

-×-

You didn't have money missing last week. It went to taxes. If it was overpaid you'll get it back come tax time b
It was missing because federal taxes were overpaid that was a UPS mistake not mine.
Dec 11th pay: not direct deposited like it had been for the previous 6 months. No issue with tax. Super gave me a live check and told me to reset direct deposit because payroll accidently fired me. At this point there was no issue with federal taxes.
Done....
Dec 18th pay: federal taxes over paid. Chat with supervisor who makes inquiry to payroll.
Dec 24th pay: federal taxes overpaid.
chat with supervisor to ask about last week's inquiry and this week again over paid taxes. He then tells me to I'll have to wait to taxes, and only at this point tells me that everything was reset when they made the mistake causing the issue with my federal witholdings.

Truthfully, I don't want to wait until taxes. If it were an error because of something I did okay but that's not the case.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

It was missing because federal taxes were overpaid that was a UPS mistake not mine.
Dec 11th pay: not direct deposited like it had been for the previous 6 months. No issue with tax. Super gave me a live check and told me to reset direct deposit because payroll accidently fired me. At this point there was no issue with federal taxes.
Done....
Dec 18th pay: federal taxes over paid. Chat with supervisor who makes inquiry to payroll.
chat with supervisor to ask about last week's inquiry and this week again over paid taxes. He then tells me to I'll have to wait to taxes, and only at this point tells me that everything was reset when they made the mistake causing the issue with my federal witholdings.

Truthfully, I don't want to wait until taxes. If it were an error because of something I did okay but that's not the case.
Log onto upsers and change your w-4. Other than that sorry but you'll have to wait til tax time

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Done....

Sigh....Have you called your steward or BA?

Talk to humans in your building/local who can actually help you. Strangers on the internet can't help you except to point out the obvious (like I just did).

Brownslave688

Done....

-×-

Sigh....Have you called your steward or BA?

Talk to humans in your building/local who can actually help you. Strangers on the internet can't help you except to point out the obvious (like I just did).

I did.
I was asking if anyone had gone through something similar. My W4 was accrutly filled out when I first started 7 months ago. My going in and redoing my W4 is not going to change their screw up. I don't want to wait till taxes for money they overpaid.

watdaflock?

I am now out $$$ and they aren't doing anything to fix their mistake. What can I do? Anyone else go through a similar experince?
You should have planned better. Yes, it's UPS's fault they screwed up. No, it's not UPS fault that you're out of $$$.

Hope this helps.

Brownslave688

I did.
I was asking if anyone had gone through something similar. My W4 was accrutly filled out when I first started 7 months ago. My going in and redoing my W4 is not going to change their screw up. I don't want to wait till taxes for money they overpaid.
For the last time it doesn't matter if you want to wait. You'll be waiting.

-×-

For the last time it doesn't matter if you want to wait. You'll be waiting.
Exactly what experince did you have that's similar to this?

Troll, if you had money deducted from your check that was not autorized I'm sure you'd be jacked. I didn't authorize any change to the existing W4 I had placed saying yea go ahead take out 25% just to federal! Lmao are you an idiot?

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Troll, if you had money deducted from your check that was not autorized I'm sure you'd be :censored2:. I didn't authorize any change to the existing W4 I had placed saying yea go ahead take out 25% just to federal! Lmao are you an idiot?
Common sense. The federal government now has your money. Ups paid you for your time. They aren't going to pay you again for it.

How is ups supposed to get your money back from the federal government and get it to you? They don't. You'll get it come tax time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Troll, if you had money deducted from your check that was not autorized I'm sure you'd be jacked. I didn't authorize any change to the existing W4 I had placed saying yea go ahead take out 25% just to federal! Lmao are you an idiot?
Enjoy being broke.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I did.
And what did your steward say?