PC drivers that started with the company in mid to late 30s

ManInBrown

Was happy when I got hired. But as the years pass by I find myself wondering more and more how I will make it to retirement doing this job. 25 years puts me in my early 60s. I just don't see how it would be possible. Starting to weigh on me. I am in above average shape. Ideal weight. Probably a little underweight. Decent health. I know there is always feeder. But is it even feasible to do that into your 60s? And I would imagine it would take me to my 50s to get a feeder job. Starting to worry a little how I make it 25. And the idea of feeder doesn't thrill me. Bid a cushy route once I have 12-15 years in? Would I be able to get one? Lets say I was lucky and got one. Feasible to do that into early 60s?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Only you can know if you'll be able to do this job into your 60's, we really can't tell you what's the best path for you to follow. Yes, you can still be a feeder driver in your 60's, provided you get the medical clearances to maintain your CDL endorsement on your license.

9.5er

Take a look at some of the old timers in your building. How old are they? They are still getting it done so why couldn't you. Retirement is a long way away. Take it one stop at a time, one day at a time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a 64 year old retire a few years ago. I honestly would of been surprised if he had told me he was 55.

I'm lower 30's right now but at this time I see no reason why (at a reasonable pace) I couldn't do this job
For another 30+ years.

Packmule

Try not to think about it. Take the job one day at a time, focusing on weekends and vacations. If your health is good, focus on keeping it that way. Trust me. The years have a way of flying by. How did my kids get all grown up already? How many grandkids I got now? And I've been at UPS how long?
It'll happen.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I hope to retire at 55. I just wish I could physically make it longer but this job just gets harder and harder.