PC seniority during PEAK

BigBeef42

Hey guys,

I may be able to go FT driving sometime during peak season.

A friend of mine told me the 30 days to earn seniority as a FT PC driver is delayed until after peak season.

Is this true?

If it is true, do think theyll lay us all off after peak because we arent essentially FT drivers yet.

Sounds like something mgmt would do....

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is a free period which varies from region to region. I believe ours starts on or around Nov. 10 and lasts through the end of the year. You cannot gain seniority during the free period.

Hey guys,

I may be able to go FT driving sometime during peak season.

A friend of mine told me the 30 days to earn seniority as a FT PC driver is delayed until after peak season.

Is this true?

If it is true, do think theyll lay us all off after peak because we arent essentially FT drivers yet.

Sounds like something mgmt would do....

We have been plenty busy,after peak!
Especially JANUARY!

BigBeef42

There is a free period which varies from region to region. I believe ours starts on or around Nov. 10 and lasts through the end of the year. You cannot gain seniority during the free period.

Im in the Northwest.

If i filled out the application for FT PC driver in Novemeber. Is it likely they will still give me a shot at my 30days in january?

Am i gauranteed anythin?

OptimusPrime

I'm curious as to if they start you before peak. Wouldn't they still need to give you a fair shake after peak ends? Like if you work 5 days before peak, they will still need to give you 25 after peak to make?

barnyard

KTM rider
Tough decision.

A center near me, needed 2 extra guys during peak 3 years ago. 1 of them did not want to do it, as he was the next to go FT and someone was retiring right after peak. His center manager talked him into it and 2 weeks into peak, the rear end of his PC slid into a dumpster.

UPSGUY72

Im in the Northwest.

If i filled out the application for FT PC driver in Novemeber. Is it likely they will still give me a shot at my 30days in january?

Am i gauranteed anythin?

Read you Supplement / rider. The Article and section about seniority.

You will find your answer there.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tough decision.

A center near me, needed 2 extra guys during peak 3 years ago. 1 of them did not want to do it, as he was the next to go FT and someone was retiring right after peak. His center manager talked him into it and 2 weeks into peak, the rear end of his PC slid into a dumpster.
Yep

No
Way I'd ever do seasonal. Unless I was off the street trying to impress.