PC training School - Need Help

BigBeef42

Next week im going Across my state for PC training. 280miles. I want to use my own vehicle.

The HR dept Calls me today, and says if I drive my own vehicle, instead of joining their carpool, I will have to PAY OUT OF MY OWN POCKET FOR GAS... Is this true??? Or do I Grieve?

I dont want to piss these people off before I even get the job.

They are also giving me used clothing to wear... NOT NEW... and not in my size..

do I have to pass training school before they order me NEW gear that fits properly??...

Thanks for replying!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

BigBeef42

Thanks Guys!

The uniform I received were Twin Hill pants and shirt. After reading another "uniform thread" on BC I assume these clothes are better quality then the new issues. I have no room to complain. Even though they aren't my size....

Also, after talking with my shop steward, they confirmed that yes - "I will not be reimbursed for mileage" - and it's no problem at all.

I appreciate all the comments, u guys rock!

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

Another question - I live on the west coast. I signed a bid sheet for Saturday Air driver and have Training School on Monday.

The application I signed was for a utility driver. Is their a difference between Sat Air and Utility?

If so, what pay rate will I receive for my week of training? The utility wage, my part-time wage, or the Sat Air wage?

I forgot to ask this final question to my steward on Friday....

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Utility driver is not the same as an Air Driver. You will work as needed delivering and picking up pkgs of all service levels. You are basically a cover/casual driver.

I have no idea what your pay rate at school would be.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

Thanks Upstate!

I'm not sure why the HR dept Gave me a utility driver application. I bid on Sat Air.... I was so excited about getting the opportunity that i forgot to ask why... and now I'm just confused.

I have a day job and afterwards work twilight.... this may complicate things a bit... frigging HR....

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigBeef42

HR contacted my driving instructor and is paying me sat air wage even though I'm on a utility contract....

Cheap shot!

I'm gonna have a word with HR when I get back. My coworker in training is also pissed. He's in the same boat as me.

Sent using BrownCafe App