PC transmission poll

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by You've Got Mail, Nov 1, 2014.

Is your PC equipped with a manual or an automatic transmission?

1. Manual

2. Automatic

1. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

Curious to know the ratio of manuals to automatics on this forum.

Does it have to do with seniority? I see a lot of drivers around my area without clutch pedals...

As much as I love driving stick outside of work, being given an automatic PC would make life so much easier. One less thing to have to think about.
  2. Stick shift Is much better in the snow.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

I had a Freightliner/Allison auto for a while that would allow me to start in second. That wasn't bad.
  4. FatherBrown

FatherBrown Member

Auto is definitely nicer on some routes, but honestly I think I prefer the stick on a route with a lot of DR stops because there's less involved on the start/stop process. Don't have to shift into park to stop, and the vehicle is already in gear when you start. As far as ratio it's prob 3/4 auto at my center.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Its about half and half in my building. I realized that all of the biggest trucks are stick shift and all the little ones are automatic. I'm trying to learn how to drive stick right now so next year if I get the oppurtunity to driveI will be good.
  6. The brand new automatics suck! Shift inhibitor. No rocking back and forth.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. You've Got Mail

You've Got Mail Active Member

8. cosmo1

Yeah, that's a definite pain.

Gotta protect them from the rookies that don't know how to drive in snow!
  9. I had a brand new truck ,last year. Said take It back and give me my old truck please!
  10. Best truck I ever had in the snow was,93 ford 5 speed.
  11. Survival of the fites. The strong will survive. If you want an automatic then figure out how to get one.
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

All I want is a power source for the radio.
  13. cosmo1

Easy, peasy.

Just poke around a little.
  14. jaker

jaker trolling

I got a new 2011 gas , auto and I love that truck
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our center is 100% automatic.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. cosmo1

Of course it is.
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  17. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact yes we had two of those q4 2012. They look hideous. The shelves fold up on the inside, which could be useful. A driver on a route with 200-230 miles a day got one. He has a town to deliver to with a grade about 20 miles to get to and said it was a gutless wonder. We have one left, I think we traded it. We recently got in about 10 new propane vehicles p800s. These are to replace our p700 gas trucks. I would be curious to know if other centers are doing, or have done this also.
  18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Automatics are quicker on a route with alot of drs easily. Screw driving a stick, more wear and tear on your arms shoulders and legs.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I usually have an automatic but my truck was in the shop so they gave me a stick and I was :censored2:. The truck they gave me was a stick and had decent pickup which was cool but dang all day long no legroom at all. Riding all day with my knees and nuttz on the steering wheel, sucked balls to say the least lol.
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

All of the 1200s are not stick shifts.