PC transmission poll

Is your PC equipped with a manual or an automatic transmission?

• Total voters

You've Got Mail

Curious to know the ratio of manuals to automatics on this forum.

Does it have to do with seniority? I see a lot of drivers around my area without clutch pedals...

As much as I love driving stick outside of work, being given an automatic PC would make life so much easier. One less thing to have to think about.

Does it have to do with seniority? I see a lot of drivers around my area without clutch pedals...

As much as I love driving stick outside of work, being given an automatic PC would make life so much easier. One less thing to have to think about.
Stick shift Is much better in the snow.

FatherBrown

Auto is definitely nicer on some routes, but honestly I think I prefer the stick on a route with a lot of DR stops because there's less involved on the start/stop process. Don't have to shift into park to stop, and the vehicle is already in gear when you start. As far as ratio it's prob 3/4 auto at my center.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its about half and half in my building. I realized that all of the biggest trucks are stick shift and all the little ones are automatic. I'm trying to learn how to drive stick right now so next year if I get the oppurtunity to driveI will be good.

Survival of the fites. The strong will survive. If you want an automatic then figure out how to get one.

By The Book

Are the CV-23's pretty much everywhere by now? I'm reading that they were tested in 2011-2012.

http://pressroom.ups.com/Fact Sheets/UPS Composite Car Fact Sheet
As a matter of fact yes we had two of those q4 2012. They look hideous. The shelves fold up on the inside, which could be useful. A driver on a route with 200-230 miles a day got one. He has a town to deliver to with a grade about 20 miles to get to and said it was a gutless wonder. We have one left, I think we traded it. We recently got in about 10 new propane vehicles p800s. These are to replace our p700 gas trucks. I would be curious to know if other centers are doing, or have done this also.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Auto is definitely nicer on some routes, but honestly I think I prefer the stick on a route with a lot of DR stops because there's less involved on the start/stop process. Don't have to shift into park to stop, and the vehicle is already in gear when you start. As far as ratio it's prob 3/4 auto at my center.
Automatics are quicker on a route with alot of drs easily. Screw driving a stick, more wear and tear on your arms shoulders and legs.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I usually have an automatic but my truck was in the shop so they gave me a stick and I was pissed. The truck they gave me was a stick and had decent pickup which was cool but dang all day long no legroom at all. Riding all day with my knees and nuttz on the steering wheel, sucked balls to say the least lol.