PCM about pokemon GO

Orion inc.

I like turtles
This was on the NBC Nightly news this evening. There have been numerous injuries and even a death attributed to the game. The person who died was so focused on their game that they failed to see the hill that they rolled down and then fell face first in to the water.
We won't let the kids play it.

P

pickup

Pokemon go is an addiction to kids born and raised during the 90's. I have dreamed of a day I could catch pokemon and train them to battle with other people in real life. There are many like me. So I would advise extra attention to defensive driving

I always had a crush on Misty, is she part of this game?

Indecisi0n

image-2.png

Jump on it.

El Correcto

god is dead
Pokemon go isn't dangerous. Idiots who don't get the big picture and have a good eye lead time are. The people I see driving around playing this makes me cringe as well. They should cap a speed on the gps where the game shuts off automatically.

WorknLateHuh

Pale skin kids that have never been exposed to the sun are out in record numbers, adults too.

Watch them gasp for breath as they walk 200 yards and then the horror on their faces when they realize they will have to go all the way back to recharge their phone.

BrownArmy

Nintendo stock up 24%, only been released in three countries so far.

Honestly, I haven't noticed anything different...same amount of pedestrians with their faces glued to their phones.

I heard a woman found a body in a river playing the game...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why all the hate? Our whole family has been playing it. We went out to the pokespots and gyms. As a family we take over some of the gyms in our area, which are at state parks btw. The pokestops are also located at churches and other landmarks. We all walked around the park near us and were capturing Pokemon together. We didn't have our faces buried in the phones, it gives a vibration when a Pokemon is near.

Not sure if some of you don't understand the game or think it's just to childish, but perhaps you could try it before making wide accusations that just pimple face kids living in their parents basement play these games.

Don't like it, that's cool, great thing about this stuff is no one forces you to play. Everywhere we went that had folks standing around at pokestops and gyms, you had a wide range of people. From families, to young teenagers, to guys in their 40's. Some were outside walking around, others were idling in their cars (Lexus, Mercedes, beaters and everything in between.)

Do a little reading and look at the strides this app goes to to actually get people to move around and interact with others. You might be surprised at what you find. Again, if you still hate it, just don't play it, simple.

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I downloaded it today just to see what it was. Tony and our daughter too. It's interesting because of the google maps integration, but in a few months it may be the next angry birds or candy crush. Technology keeps evolving.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why all the hate? Our wh
image.jpg
ole family has been playing it. We went out to the pokespots and gyms. As a family we take over some of the gyms in our area, which are at state parks btw. The pokestops are also located at churches and other landmarks. We all walked around the park near us and were capturing Pokemon together. We didn't have our faces buried in the phones, it gives a vibration when a Pokemon is near.

Not sure if some of you don't understand the game or think it's just to childish, but perhaps you could try it before making wide accusations that just pimple face kids living in their parents basement play these games.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
image.png
I downloaded it today just to see what it was. Tony and our daughter too. It's interesting because of the google maps integration, but in a few months it may be the next angry birds or candy crush. Technology keeps evolving.
The Pokemon universe is wide with a ton of characters. The whole thing that gets me is the having to get out and go to places, on top of walking to hatch these egg things. It really gives another level of motivation of activity that no other app so far has been able to integrate so well

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
View attachment 88086
The Pokemon universe is wide with a ton of characters. The whole thing that gets me is the having to get out and go to places, on top of walking to hatch these egg things. It really gives another level of motivation of activity that no other app so far has been able to integrate so well
Technology evolves, I agree. Sometimes it freaks me out a little bit, but it is the future. I try to keep up.

Dr.Brownz

We had a PCM about Pokemon Go today.

The prophecy is complete

I think that the articles about people doing stupid stuff is just advertisements for the game.