PCMs - Mandatory?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The company spends many millions of dollars on giving that PCM. We do some idiotic stretching that doesn't do a bit of good, new is the "fun fact", then our Center Manager goes over three points. Supposedly the Safety Committee is to give a safety tip once a week, and the Wellness Coach is supposed to give a health tip.

T

Turdferguson

The company spends many millions of dollars on giving that PCM. We do some idiotic stretching that doesn't do a bit of good, new is the "fun fact", then our Center Manager goes over three points. Supposedly the Safety Committee is to give a safety tip once a week, and the Wellness Coach is supposed to give a health tip.

You all only have a Wellness Coach? Ours is a Wellness Champion.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've heard the term Wellness Champion too. I wouldn't go as far to call ours that. I can't remember the exact cost figure, its something like $60,000,000 a year in labor just for drivers.

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I've heard the term Wellness Champion too. I wouldn't go as far to call ours that. I can't remember the exact cost figure, its something like $60,000,000 a year in labor just for drivers.
I was told 52 million last year on PCMs alone.

I have no issue with PCMs. They can be a very good and informative tool. The issue I have is the structure. Instead of making me act like a robot, let me actually talk to people. Nobody gives a crap about the safety tip or the "attention getter." Everybody knows them. Give me the time to address Access Points in depth, because many are confused. Allow me to review peak plans with guys, instead of doing it individually with 38 guys and gals. Structure can be good. But it can also cause more money to be wasted because of repetition.

browner89

PCM's are absolutely on the clock, don't "work" for free.

And if it's not on the clock, don't attend or close your ears, you aren't working so you don't need to listen, a sup can find you later to brief you.

browner89

Happens the same way here. Stretches last about 15 seconds total for 2-3 different stretches when any individual stretch should be at least 20 seconds to a minute to actually do anything, per limb.

Wellness tip. Once a week a silly wellness exercise, something about stress relief maybe.

Fun Fact.

FT Sup hits on 3 points.

Work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I swear my center manager practices in the mirror for his PCM...

he always starts " I'm going to keep this short" and ends up running his mouth for 10 minutes... EVERYDAY
Does he have you guys put the extra time in other work....they only get a couple of minutes...so your center manager is over allowed on the pcms... Not acceptable...needs to get a warning letter better have him grab a shop steward before you write him up..loool

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was told 52 million last year on PCMs alone.

I have no issue with PCMs. They can be a very good and informative tool. The issue I have is the structure. Instead of making me act like a robot, let me actually talk to people. Nobody gives a crap about the safety tip or the "attention getter." Everybody knows them. Give me the time to address Access Points in depth, because many are confused. Allow me to review peak plans with guys, instead of doing it individually with 38 guys and gals. Structure can be good. But it can also cause more money to be wasted because of repetition.
Don't worry the Diad training is all part of the plan to replace you. ;)