Peak 2014 coming soon.........

ups1990

It's frustrating to stand by and watch this great company not make the necessary decisions to properly handle and deal with what could be another heavy peak season.

This current hiring frenzy should have began in January in order to prepare these young drivers for the real workload. Why wait til early summer to beging training? It doesn't allow for one, to give UPS enough time to evaluate them all and some of these new drivers will pass probation that have no business driving a UPS trucks because its late in the game and we need bodies for Xmas.

It feels like when your NFL team is down by 14 late in the 3rd quarter and we keep giving to the fullback up the middle, frustrating!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It's frustrating to stand by and watch this great company not make the necessary decisions to properly handle and deal with what could be another heavy peak season.

This current hiring frenzy should have began in January in order to prepare these young drivers for the real workload. Why wait til early summer to beging training? It doesn't allow for one, to give UPS enough time to evaluate them all and some of these new drivers will pass probation that have no business driving a UPS trucks because its late in the game and we need bodies for Xmas.

It feels like when your NFL team is down by 14 late in the 3rd quarter and we keep giving to the fullback up the middle, frustrating!

It's already here and our management team just doesn't know it yet. Still refusing to work doubles even when we have cartloads of service failures in the hub every night.

BrownTexas

I would think it is hard to train drivers when you have low seniority guys like myself that will hit them with a seniority grievance if I don't work and they train someone new. But they know better and let me work and sent the guys that won't file home.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Most places lay off drivers after peak. Can't train new hires then. The current hiring spree started in late spring. If you don't get the gist of this job
In a few months you have no business doing it for a career anyway.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Am I the only one looking forward to peak? Seems like everyone's dreading it. I'd like to try for a 100 hour week this year...$3,700 before taxes for 22.3.

aiian

I swear, the members of BC worry more about peak than UPS.

What would you like them to do? Lay us off so they can train a cavalry of rookies?