Peak 2014 coming soon.........

aiian

Am I the only one looking forward to peak? Seems like everyone's dreading it. I'd like to try for a 100 hour week this year...$3,700 before taxes for 22.3.

I don't mind peak. The days go by faster, you get 'helper' to BS with, customers tend to be a little friendlier, etc.

aiian

Last I checked DOT says you could only work for 60 hours a week.

I went over 6O twice last year that resulted in a halfassed 'don't do that again' from the DM.

I was under the impression that as long as UPS self reports DOT violations the Feds overlook it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I remember times I'd sit down on a box with tears in my eyes after smacking my scalp in those things!
2014-08-13-14-18-34--2127875132.jpeg

Z

ZQXC

I remember times I'd sit down on a box with tears in my eyes after smacking my scalp in those things!

We don't have 500's any more, but if we did, muscle memory alone would make me lower my head anywhere close to that rear door.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Once you hit 60 hours (inside & driving cumulative) worked, you can't drive until you take a 34 hour reset. Working inside, shifting on property, & helping are still fair game.
That sounds exactly right, thanks. Sometimes the FT drivers are in their own little world it seems..;)

Overpaid Union Thug

Is that because FT package car drivers don't vote? Can't blame PTers for not voting. I agree, stop with the concessions every contract.

Not exactly. It's just not ever a priority to vote on here. What scares me is that not one of the proposals or issues that came up in our local's contract proposal meeting made it into the Southern Supplement. I didn't really expect us to affect the NMA but I figured we'd see something in the supplement.

As far as voter turnout goes....I've always heard that statistically speaking the part-time vote is always pretty low. But hey it's not like the full-time turnout is much better.

PT Car Washer

Sorry. I agree with you. Just get mad when FT guys that have been here 20+years throw the PT 19 year olds under the bus because "PTers don't vote". Need to stop the give backs every contract because the old guys get another raise.

Overpaid Union Thug

Sorry. I agree with you. Just get mad when FT guys that have been here 20+years throw the PT 19 year olds under the bus because "PTers don't vote". Need to stop the give backs every contract because the old guys get another raise.

You are right only that applies across the board in my local. All I know is that I was the only person from my building at our local's contract proposal meeting. None of our stewards will "give up a saturday or sunday" to attend anything work related without getting paid time and a half or holiday pay. There weren't but maybe 40 people from the whole local and less than a third of them were part-timers. That's out of a local of just under 3,000 people. I laugh every time I hear people bitch about contract related issues.

So, it seems that in my local its to the point where pointing fingers at any specific group of people is definitely not a moot point when the turnout for a contract meeting is that low. As long as apathetic part-timers AND full-timers get their raises then all is well in La La Land.