Peak advice.

gixxer squid

IMG_9640.jpg

I can now sleep at night knowing that Ron and crew are a part of my team :)
Who else loves these TV screens spouting propaganda at their terminals.

bbsam

Staff member
View attachment 61603

Also on the propaganda loop are the quarterly earnings and assorted "team fedex" rah-rah quotes. I always wonder if there's an armed henchman off camera coaxing the enthusiasm out of these schmoes. I

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The word "team" in any and all of its ridiculous variations really needs to be removed from FedEx lexicon.
It absolutely infuriates me any time I see or hear it.

Bounty

Also on the propaganda loop are the quarterly earnings and assorted "team fedex" rah-rah quotes. I always wonder if there's an armed henchman off camera coaxing the enthusiasm out of these schmoes. I
You are the biggest cheerleader.......maybe it will be fine. I just always assumed that was you on the tv screens in the terminal.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
You are the biggest cheerleader.......maybe it will be fine. I just always assumed that was you on the tv screens in the terminal.
Why would you think such a thing? Because I have truthfully said that people sign a crappy deal that FedEx writes up?

Bounty

Why would you think such a thing? Because I have truthfully said that people sign a crappy deal that FedEx writes up?
You signed it. Didn't you do your due diligence? You are a great entrepreneur...why would you sign a "crappy deal"?

bacha29

What else can you expect from the guy. He graduated first in his class at the Fedex mind control academy. They gave him a special award for his water boarding skills.

bbsam

Staff member
You signed it. Didn't you do your due diligence? You are a great entrepreneur...why would you sign a "crappy deal"?
Because it's easier and more profitable than starting over. However, diversification is looking more and more feasible in the coming months.

gixxer squid

Personally I like bbsam. Everyone may not agree including myself at times but I don't see where the hate comes.

X has us all over the boat. Some more than others, especially when debt is on the books. While he doesn't need my defense I believe he is a shrewd businessman.

You either play by X's game or get out. He has chosen to work the system as much as possible, kudos for a that. You can make money from X but it's not much. I don't think he means diversifying in X either but won't speak for him

Again. We either play by the godfathers rule book or get out which in itself is not so easy
As far as spouting the propaganda on screens with quarterly reports, I doubt that 90% of our employees and maybe half on this board don't know the difference between an income statement and balance sheet. With the pay, we are tasked to employ the uneducated with barely a high school degree, we are the Walmart of delivery, and it's most likely not going to change anytime soon, just the way it is.

Bounty

Personally I like bbsam. Everyone may not agree including myself at times but I don't see where the hate comes.

X has us all over the boat. Some more than others, especially when debt is on the books. While he doesn't need my defense I believe he is a shrewd businessman.

You either play by X's game or get out. He has chosen to work the system as much as possible, kudos for a that. You can make money from X but it's not much. I don't think he means diversifying in X either but won't speak for him

Again. We either play by the godfathers rule book or get out which in itself is not so easy
As far as spouting the propaganda on screens with quarterly reports, I doubt that 90% of our employees and maybe half on this board don't know the difference between an income statement and balance sheet. With the pay, we are tasked to employ the uneducated with barely a high school degree, we are the Walmart of delivery, and it's most likely not going to change anytime soon, just the way it is.
I like bbsam too, he has a sense of humor. He has given it back to me in the past. I like 99% of my fellow contractors, like you said we are all in the same boat and I think he defends x because he has a nice payday coming when he sells as long as things stay status quo. Our biggest disagreement is that I was forced to sell by x and he thinks x can't change the rules on him in the future to force him out.

bacha29

Bounty's right. There is not a single term or condition it that unilaterally drafted and implemented contract X considers binding upon itself. If they don't like how things are going under the existing contract , they simply change the rules in the middle of the game. Later on they completely revise the entire contract . Now a contractor may be able to adapt to those new terms. Then again you may not be able to adapt. If bbsam thinks that it's all going to come up roses, he should think again because the entire X management attitude that you're there only there until the guy who can manage and perform better than you arrives and the moves that they do make in the future will be done without any concern when it comes to preserving contractor equity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
View attachment 61603

Looks just like our propaganda, except change the faces and background colors. My guess is that Ron has made his way to the top by being an assassin/company man, just like our very special MT3.

We are all one big team, and we share equally in the profits too. Remember, there is an "I" in the FedEx Team, and the "I" stands for "IDIOTS", because that's who our leaders are.

bbsam

Staff member
Diversifying how? In Fedex world you can only diversify how and when they say. Or something totally different?
The mother of a friend of mine passed away and the children are considering selling her executive cleaning service. We'll see.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Cazares is just another yes man reading propaganda (and badly at that) from some script written by some 3rd rate PR firm.

Don't 'ya just love that "when we pull together" BS?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Cazares is just another yes man reading propaganda (and badly at that) from some script written by some 3rd rate PR firm.

Dear Cactus,

I read your letter with great concern, because we are a team at FedEx. In fact, some of the things you said made me very angry, to the point that I brought it up at the Maui conference meeting we were attending on "Improving Ground Efficiency". As I was jetting back to the mainland on our corporate Challenger, I got even more upset as I was sipping a glass of fine Merlot.

Once home in The Hamptons, I called up Fred S personally and he told me all about the great history of this company, and it's strong culture of teamwork and going above and beyond "Bravo Zulu" style. He told me of the Golden Falcon and many stories of how FedEx employees had braved blizzards and floods to deliver the Purple Promise.

So, you are a big fat liar!! Just to show you, FedEx Ground is going to roll-out the "Golden Eagle" program, which will reward emp...err, assoc...umm, independent businesspeople and their drivers for outstanding service. The grand prize will be 52 cartons of cigarettes, and there will be lots of other incentives. like free neck tattoos, nose piercings, and beard braiding. We'll show you just how hard Ground folks work, and how they'll come together as a TEAM and make this the most productive and profitable Peak season ever.

FedEx Cares!!

Sincerely,
Ron Cazares
Ground LEADER and TEAM PLAYER!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Dear Cactus,

So sorry to bother you again. I have been told (via severe discipline) we can't offer any rewards to contractors or drivers because they DON'T WORK FOR FEDEX!! Effective immediately, Project Golden Eagle is scrubbed....a no go. This is a Defcon Level 12 alert, repeat, Defcon Level 12 people!! Delete Golden Eagle!!

Sincerely,

Ron Cazares
from the cell in Fred's woodshed

P.S. I was just demoted 2 levels.