Peak advice.

gixxer squid

Ok so maybe my statement was unfair bbsam. You can make money in this. I have. I supported my family and myself for 18 years, sold 3 crappy trucks and 3 routes that I only spent 20,000 on for 250,000. Sold 5 before that over the years. Have 170,000 coming in a FedEx class action lawsuit. So yeah.

That's the problem, I netted 90-100k with 3 trucks, 3 drivers. That was when I 1099'd them. If you are netting 100,000 off I assume about 8-10 trucks and drivers you have a 10% return. Not bad, you get about 1-2% per route. Seems to me your getting screwed and having to pay your drivers way below the industry standard. If that makes you entrepreneurial OK. I think your getting screwed for the amount of responsibility you have vs. your gross income.

We got in with the 1099 as well. As soon as we went corp, profits disappeared...

gixxer squid

Ok so maybe my statement was unfair bbsam. You can make money in this. I have. I supported my family and myself for 18 years, sold 3 crappy trucks and 3 routes that I only spent 20,000 on for 250,000. Sold 5 before that over the years. Have 170,000 coming in a FedEx class action lawsuit. So yeah.

That's the problem, I netted 90-100k with 3 trucks, 3 drivers. That was when I 1099'd them. If you are netting 100,000 off I assume about 8-10 trucks and drivers you have a 10% return. Not bad, you get about 1-2% per route. Seems to me your getting screwed and having to pay your drivers way below the industry standard. If that makes you entrepreneurial OK. I think your getting screwed for the amount of responsibility you have vs. your gross income.

We are all getting screwed, he knows it, I know it, Lord X knows it. Some just less than others. New ISP's are getting bent over worse, BBSAM not so much, us, so-so.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Personally I like bbsam. Everyone may not agree including myself at times but I don't see where the hate comes.

X has us all over the boat. Some more than others, especially when debt is on the books. While he doesn't need my defense I believe he is a shrewd businessman.

You either play by X's game or get out. He has chosen to work the system as much as possible, kudos for a that. You can make money from X but it's not much. I don't think he means diversifying in X either but won't speak for him

Again. We either play by the godfathers rule book or get out which in itself is not so easy
As far as spouting the propaganda on screens with quarterly reports, I doubt that 90% of our employees and maybe half on this board don't know the difference between an income statement and balance sheet. With the pay, we are tasked to employ the uneducated with barely a high school degree, we are the Walmart of delivery, and it's most likely not going to change anytime soon, just the way it is.
My wife says my Mensa is useless here. As mgr not so much, it is a brilliant work getting everything in and out of everything I command now.

dvalleyjim

So you "stuck it out with these clowning freaks" after your "heart sank" but you were willing to sell these routes to your drivers so they could have a similarly sucky experience?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...d=0ahUKEwimxcvkz8jJAhWk6IMKHchcDrAQMwgoKAUwBQ

Not quite sparky. I sold routes to my drivers when you were allowed to contract one route, one vehicle back before the you have to have a s or c corporation and let us audit your books. After the S an C corp days I found a sucker to pay me cash for my business. He is now a big ISP entrepreneur like you. I never wanted more than 3 routes because then I would have to manage them and it would interfere with my 'make money will not going to work' lifestyle. When the new s & c corp contract came down the pike I would have to expand my business to make the same amount of $.

STFXG

Because you were illegally 1099ing your drivers? You are complaining because you weren't able to cheat them any more?

dvalleyjim

Because you were illegally 1099ing your drivers? You are complaining because you weren't able to cheat them any more?

Actually we all made out good, I'd explain to you how, but I don't care what you think about me, I know your just an instigator. Buy the way I always sweated that one out. I figured when I get caught I'd just claim my drivers were really FedEx ground employees. Lucky the statute of limitations has run out and I'm out of that mess.

STFXG

I know how you all made out good. And it's the reason fedex crawled up our asses over payroll and forced us to incorporate. Scammers like you made us all look bad.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually we all made out good, I'd explain to you how, but I don't care what you think about me, I know your just an instigator. Buy the way I always sweated that one out. I figured when I get caught I'd just claim my drivers were really FedEx ground employees. Lucky the statute of limitations has run out and I'm out of that mess.
So you scammed your way through to make money, sold out, are waiting on a six digit settlement from X...and you claim the moral high ground? Sir, you are a dick.

dvalleyjim

So you scammed your way through to make money, sold out, are waiting on a six digit settlement from X...and you claim the moral high ground? Sir, you are a dick.

No, I was always dedicated to their customers because I believed at one time they were my customers. I loved what I did. Over the years I got tired of getting screwed and caring more about their customer's than they do. So yes I got over on them. As far as me being a dick ok. But you don't know me and I really don't want you to. Just remember this, don't judge me until you have walked a mile in my shoes. I will never talk to you again.

bbsam

Staff member
No, I was always dedicated to their customers because I believed at one time they were my customers. I loved what I did. Over the years I got tired of getting screwed and caring more about their customer's than they do. So yes I got over on them. As far as me being a dick ok. But you don't know me and I really don't want you to. Just remember this, don't judge me until you have walked a mile in my shoes. I will never talk to you again.
I will never 1099 my drivers so I will never walk in your shoes. I can only imagine what other "costs" you forwarded on to your drivers.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's easy. Express is dying. Ground is where the life of the company is.
So why is there still lots of Express packages? Still plenty of Express accounts? The only reason Ground is more profitable is because the drivers are so poorly paid.

Giving out any government cheese for Christmas bonuses?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know how you all made out good. And it's the reason fedex crawled up our asses over payroll and forced us to incorporate. Scammers like you made us all look bad.

LOFL. You're part and parcel of the biggest scam going, and you have the gonads to call someone else a scammer? Oh, and don't independent contractors usually get paid by 1099?

bbsam

Staff member
LOFL. You're part and parcel of the biggest scam going, and you have the gonads to call someone else a scammer? Oh, and don't independent contractors usually get paid by 1099?
Are you saying dvalleyjim was on the up and up?!

bacha29

Guys all good points. But every IC/ISP has to decide for himself where he or she wants to be 5 years from now given the ever increasing level of command and control. They made you sign a contract that gives them unrestricted access to your private corporations private financial records and it's not limited to payroll despite privacy laws and the employer/ employee confidentiality rules. Oh they promise it will remain "confidential" but they don't tell you how many tiers of management will have access to your records including how much your paying your guys. And in their steadfast determination to maintain their total domination over you they willfully obstructed your right to due process of law by not allowing you to have your legal representation (attorney) present during the so called "negoiation" of a legal document known as your operating agreement. While most class action lawsuits involve IC's from years back,these two specific actions may be grounds for ISP class actions in the future.