Peak and the newest lame excuse.

UPSGUY72

We have plenty of drivers and a couple of seasonal driver actually to many if you need a day off you can get it. I had a helper on this week friday did 233 stops had helper for 5 hours. Even got home at decent hour.

Big Babooba

They ADAed a bunch of 1000s in the past year. We just got a whole bunch of 500s. Last night I saw 2 of the new 500s parked back to back. A mechanic was walking out to them with a giant roll of duct tape. I wonder..........

iowa boy

They ADAed a bunch of 1000s in the past year. We just got a whole bunch of 500s. Last night I saw 2 of the new 500s parked back to back. A mechanic was walking out to them with a giant roll of duct tape. I wonder..........

Just watch out for the vise grips on a brake line.:happy-very: Have seen that before. Anything to keep that 25 year old GMC on the road during peak.

browniehound

HERE, everyone waits till Jan 1 because they will get all next years vacation pay if they do. It's a good incentive to work that last Peak!

Wow, a last peak! Can you imagine that? Followed by 7 weeks of vacation and sick time pay in the coldest months of the year.

As bad as peak is, I think I could savor the last one knowing I never had to do it again. It has to be a great feeling!

I mean, I usually have a good feeling when peak is over owing to the fact I worked my but off and I can now relax. Its one thing about peak I like:the end, lol. However the feeling must be 100 times greater if you are retireing Jan 1st!

I guess its what keeps me going!

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's $480 in base wages alone--how does that make sense?

Because it helps the center meet its "stops per car" quota. If they can force the equivalent of two full routes into one car, with two drivers working out of it, the numbers look better on paper and some idiot in a cubicle someplace can sit behind his desk and look at a report and pleasure himself.

It doesnt have to make sense in the real world as long as it makes sense in IE world.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
We still have drivers laid off, but they are running the numbers up on the rest of the routes claiming we have less area... But then I do 15 more miles then last week... My SORPH drops I go over 11 and run paid under, but they give me guff because I am over 11 and my SORPH dropped.... Now I hear this I ask how in the hell they can say this with a straight face?

I mean really when they go into management do they train them to lie with a straight face?

We all know that xmas is tough we all know we have long hours ahead, its part of working for UPS we all understand it.

But I really get upset when I am lied too. I dont like my kids lying to me they get put in timeout or grounded when they do.

But when they lie to me about things like having less area when I can show you on a map the area you have added to me, and you still tell me I am wrong I lose all respect for you. I just have to believe you are totally dumb and not worth the effort in trying to talk with.

Anyway thanksgiving is coming up only 3 days to work this week and football on thursday, life is good this week.

Be safe drive safe get home to your family.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have been told that I will be saddled with a "bicycle helper" again this peak. Oh goody.

Just like last year, this guy will take about 50 or 60 of my tight, in-town residentials off of me and deliver them on a bicycle. This is supposed to save me time and miles so that I can be more productive in my extended rural area.

It would be a great idea in I.E. world because in that world the pup trailer that my helper is working out of can be magically teleported out to the delivery area and then back to the building at night, with no involvement from me at all.

But in the real word that I deliver in, I have to tow that pup trailer out there myself. I have to hook it up in the AM, tow it to the area, unhook it, and then go thru the stops and dig out anything that is oversized or too heavy for the guy on the bike to deal with. While I am doing all of this in the AM, another driver in my loop is forced to add miles to his route in order to deliver my NDA that I can no longer get to by 10:30. And then at the end of the night...when I am 10 or 15 miles away at the far end of my loop....I have to drive back there again in order to retrieve the trailer and take it back to the building.

So the bike helper "saves" me a mile or two on my delivery area....at the cost of 10 or 15 extra miles at the end of my day, plus extra miles for the driver who has to cover my air in the morning.

The area that the bike helper delivers is so tight that if he were on car with me we could easily bust off those 60 or 70 stops in around 45 minutes. But instead he will spend half a day doing them by himself on a bike, and the 45 minutes of time he supposedly "saves" me vanishes into thin air when you factor in all the time and miles I waste having to deal with the pup trailer.

My management is well aware of this, but Corporate has given them a quota of bike helpers that they are forced to use, whether it makes any sense to do so or not. Some idiot in a cubicle had himself another bright idea, and he isnt going to let a little thing like reality get in the way of his master plan.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Just talked to a driver it is now 9pm he has 32 left, his truck just crapped out.... Customer service! You bet we dont care about customer service at all.

oh by the way 7 or 8 drivers went home today without work... Just saying.

pretzel_man

I have been told that I will be saddled with a "bicycle helper" again this peak. Oh goody.

Just like last year, this guy will take about 50 or 60 of my tight, in-town residentials off of me and deliver them on a bicycle. This is supposed to save me time and miles so that I can be more productive in my extended rural area.

It would be a great idea in I.E. world because in that world the pup trailer that my helper is working out of can be magically teleported out to the delivery area and then back to the building at night, with no involvement from me at all.

But in the real word that I deliver in, I have to tow that pup trailer out there myself. I have to hook it up in the AM, tow it to the area, unhook it, and then go thru the stops and dig out anything that is oversized or too heavy for the guy on the bike to deal with. While I am doing all of this in the AM, another driver in my loop is forced to add miles to his route in order to deliver my NDA that I can no longer get to by 10:30. And then at the end of the night...when I am 10 or 15 miles away at the far end of my loop....I have to drive back there again in order to retrieve the trailer and take it back to the building.

So the bike helper "saves" me a mile or two on my delivery area....at the cost of 10 or 15 extra miles at the end of my day, plus extra miles for the driver who has to cover my air in the morning.

The area that the bike helper delivers is so tight that if he were on car with me we could easily bust off those 60 or 70 stops in around 45 minutes. But instead he will spend half a day doing them by himself on a bike, and the 45 minutes of time he supposedly "saves" me vanishes into thin air when you factor in all the time and miles I waste having to deal with the pup trailer.

My management is well aware of this, but Corporate has given them a quota of bike helpers that they are forced to use, whether it makes any sense to do so or not. Some idiot in a cubicle had himself another bright idea, and he isnt going to let a little thing like reality get in the way of his master plan.

While based on what you say, the bicycle helper is a poor idea.....

I guaranty you that there is NO corporate bicycle helper quota. Your management should take responsibility for their own plan. Your center manager should talk with the Division Manager.