Peak Fail 2.0 Has Made Headlines

Ghost in the Darkness

You left off the possibility of working on the 20th.

Its not a possibility but a reality in most places. They already have a sign up sheet. Last year it went the same way until right before when they said everyone had to work or it is considered a "no-call-no-show". It may not happen everywhere but it will happen in a lot of centers.

Dr.Brownz

The fact that the delays have not made headlines is more concerning. It might indicate that UPS is now expected to fail when it comes to on-time delivery during peak.

More like ups is paying off the media to not talk about it. Nearly every article on delivery or e commerce in the last few months reads like sponsered content from ups; search around lots of examples out there.

In other news our air is now non cmmitted everyday where as it used to be relaxed by an hour only the week before christmas. They were going to try and force sunday too but so.many senior drivers have said they wont show up that the idea was discarded like a part time supervisor caught in a lawsuit against ups

Last edited:

Holydriver

The fact that the delays have not made headlines is more concerning. It might indicate that UPS is now expected to fail when it comes to on-time delivery during peak.

Personally I think it is immoral that the decision makers at the top decided to "cut costs" at the expense of rank and file UPSers this year just for higher margins. Part timers, drivers and supervisors/center managers included. My children deserve to see their father each night!

Profits before people. 3 Billion isn't enough profit. Lets work them 60 hours.
Watch yourself, when I said these same things I was tag teamed by tons of people who felt the long hours were great. "You knew the hours when you started" and "I love my pay check" and "you want less hours, you self entitled D*" and so on and so forth.

Holydriver

This is a l
In my hub, we hired a lot of new drivers. About five right off of the streets too. So far just this year alone, we have about 15 new drivers in my center alone. However; Since Monday, Dec. 7, we have been doing 200k volume and it was not enough. Thousands of packages gets rolled everyday. Everyone has to chip in. Managers/Supervisors/FT/PT, makes no difference. We even had to get a bus to pick up helpers 100 miles away. FT/PT Sups, Mgrs and FT/PT drivers from all over the state have arrived to help as well. Even the Division Manager is present everyday.

I have worked 14-15 hours everyday, and even Saturday too. Have worked 72 hours last week. In addition, I have heard that Xmas and New Years week, we may even work on Sundays.

I hope that its not this BAD wherever you mates are located.
this is a lie. You cannot legally work those hours.

Dr.Brownz

Watch yourself, when I said these same things I was tag teamed by tons of people who felt the long hours were great. "You knew the hours when you started" and "I love my pay check" and "you want less hours, you self entitled D*" and so on and so forth.

Actually the ups computer training lied about the hours.

It said 8.5 hours is a standard day and any excess would be distributed among the loop. Doesnt happen here

Orion inc.

I like turtles
This has been going on all across the us. It's not just one customer. We were backed up 40 or so trailers at one point at my hub. She just happens to be one customer who called the news after getting the run around... There are plenty more out there trust me
Oh I don't doubt it. But at least if you're in the media and you're going to write a story this early about how ups fails peak before it's over, then get more than one example. That was my point. The first sign of our system having congestion somewhere and the media screams for blood.

I would love to see the story on fedex and the USPS as well because they are having this same issues in areas as well.

It's the media bias I can't stand in the respect.

Surprisingly we haven't had any trailers held yet. I'm sure it's coming though.

Dr.Brownz

Oh I don't doubt it. But at least if you're in the media and you're going to write a story this early about how ups fails peak before it's over, then get more than one example. That was my point. The first sign of our system having congestion somewhere and the media screams for blood.

I would love to see the story on fedex and the USPS as well because they are having this same issues in areas as well.

It's the media bias I can't stand in the respect.

Surprisingly we haven't had any trailers held yet. I'm sure it's coming though.

Meh its probably sponsered content from fedex or lazershipp