Peak Fail 2.0 Has Made Headlines

km3

The only thing that matters this peak is the stock holders. The down side of course is once we piss off enough customers they will head to FedEx and then the stock wont be that great.

That's what I was thinking. If you provide less than adequate service and people take their business elsewhere, that's more detrimental to the larger picture for UPS than if they swallow a single bad quarter in the interest of maintaining a good image amongst the public. Public opinion counts for a lot more than UPS seems to be giving it credit for.

I think I have made maybe an hour of overtime all week. I got my last stop off at 4 PM the other day, I'm not seeing any of these problems here. This week has been so light, it makes me uneasy. I feel like I'm standing on the beach waiting for a tidal wave to come in. Human nature will take hold and a lot of people will wait until the last minute to order stuff and then gripe if they don't get it in time. Surely our competition would face the same problems we have in certain areas.
If people are stupid enough to wait til the last minute, they get what they deserve if there stuff isn't delivered by Christmas

iowa boy

Did her boyfriend run out the back door?

I gave her an over an hour warning to get the bed made and showered before I got home.

Rofl. This happened last night to me. Where as 2 yrs ago I'd be getting home between 10 and 11

While this is all well and good, I'm gonna get screwed tomorrow, I know it. The earliest I've been home over the last 9 work days is 7 o'clock on the 30th when we got snow here. After that, it's been between 10 and 1030 every night.

I gave her an over an hour warning to get the bed made and showered before I got home.

While this is all well and good, I'm gonna get screwed tomorrow, I know it. The earliest I've been home over the last 9 work days is 7 o'clock on the 30th when we got snow here. After that, it's been between 10 and 1030 every night.
I feel your pain. I don't miss the 12 or 13s at all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Local news in southern region.. morning news had segment about ups delivery delays due to volume.

What a joke.
I have an idea.. put more drivers on the road.
Is it drivers and hours? Or the fact that the stuff isn't even getting processed in the morning?

Many buildings just can't handle this volume. I'm not sure that's ups fault.