Peak @ FedeX

FedExer267

The exhaust smoke is so bad that even in winter we are driving around with both doors open which wouldn't be bad if I had a working heater. Then we get yelled at because we wear our own jackets and get told we cant wear them they don't say FedEx. Fine give us a jacket nope either you are your contracotr has to buy it first. As soon as we leave the building the jacket goes back on. None of us are freezing are butts off for this place.

FedExer267

Yep my terminal has a few of those. We also have numerous backdoors with snapped cables on them which makes the door extremely heavy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep my terminal has a few of those. We also have numerous backdoors with snapped cables on them which makes the door extremely heavy.

Sounds like a few contractors like to skimp on safety and pocket a few extra dollars. One wonders how well most Ground terminals would do if there were a vehicle safety audit.

FedExer267

Sounds like a few contractors like to skimp on safety and pocket a few extra dollars. One wonders how well most Ground terminals would do if there were a vehicle safety audit.
I bet if OSHA showed up there would be alot of vehicles parked. Exhaust smoke getting in the back of your car is not good for your health. A broken heater is illegal because your defroster dosen't work. As a matter of fact we had a guy with broken windshield wipers it was raining that day and the contractor told him to go to the store and by rainx and put it on the windows and he would be fine.
People wonder why Ground drivers don't like their job when you get treated like crap it takes a toll.

bbsam

Staff member
You guys are so full of it. I understand that this is the INTERNET and we type in complete anonymity, but I actually know all the drivers in my area and have seen the H.D. daily delivery print out for the day. I have a golf course on my route and on an average day (non-peak), I get 70-80 stops a day in there. Between all three of the FDX routes they have on average maybe 30 total stops. Also BbSCAM you would be happy to know that it is actually the Express guy with the bulk of it, not your beloved Ground/H.D. SCAM. Also in the city that I deliver in we have 12 routes(non-peak), Express has 3 Ground has 2 and H.D. has 1.
So now that the facts are out Ill let you guys get back to your pipe dreams and how BbSCAM delivers 500 stops and 2000 peices a day on one of his routes.
UPS has 12 routes. Express has 3. Ground has 2 and HD has 1. I'd say that represents significant growth for Fedex in the past 10 years. You? Where do you think all those packages came from in that time period and during a down economy? Hmmmm. Not bad for a "scam".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS has 12 routes. Express has 3. Ground has 2 and HD has 1. I'd say that represents significant growth for Fedex in the past 10 years. You? Where do you think all those packages came from in that time period and during a down economy? Hmmmm. Not bad for a "scam".

There is no denying that FedEx Ground and Home Delivery have made significant gains in the past decade. A combined FedEx would really give us a run for our money and, with the troubles at the Post Office, there is room for even more growth for both companies. Service has improved and your time in transit is being reduced.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Well Scam, that's impressive for a company who's business model that's built like a house of cards.

Watch out for the windstorms. :happy-very:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

So I guess your "no comment" on the claim of your B.S. proves me right. Also I would guess that if you truley did have a combined opperation with those 6 routes, two things would happen. First you would have propably 4 routes out here, and second you would have ZERO chance of keeping your SCAM non-union. SO what time do you need me at your terminal to help move everyone in?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
There is no denying that FedEx Ground and Home Delivery have made significant gains in the past decade. A combined FedEx would really give us a run for our money and, with the troubles at the Post Office, there is room for even more growth for both companies. Service has improved and your time in transit is being reduced.

And, FWIW, most of the time I compare UPS ground rates to FDX ground, FDX is cheaper and faster. Just sayin'.

bbsam

Staff member
So I guess your "no comment" on the claim of your B.S. proves me right. Also I would guess that if you truley did have a combined opperation with those 6 routes, two things would happen. First you would have propably 4 routes out here, and second you would have ZERO chance of keeping your SCAM non-union. SO what time do you need me at your terminal to help move everyone in?
My no comment is reflective of the fact that I don't feel the need to respond to your baseless claims and accusations. It is what it is and, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
My no comment is reflective of the fact that I don't feel the need to respond to your baseless claims and accusations. It is what it is and, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."
Ironic coming from a person that seems the need to respond to everything that contradicts what you view as the truth. I apparently deliver in a parallel universe that does not compare to the world you deliver in. Anyways you are always a good laugh!

FedExer267

I dont know about you guys but today was a joke. We have are preload starting at regular time which means we all stood around for 2 hours before we got to leave. Must be nice to screw the drivers when your not paying the salary. Then we had the management yelling at us because we all said the samething why dont you start earlier. Getting us out 2 hours late gives a bigger chance of service failures. We had the TM even threaten a few drivers with their jobs thats funny I thought we didnt work for you. What a joke. Got out of the building ran the route no breaks, no lunch, and still had service failures. I hope Ground gets their crap together to make for a easier peak for everyone. It stinks when you have people running this system who apparently dont have a clue.

I know there were alot of late pickups today too which is a 40 dollar charge to the contractor. There are going to be a lot of upset contractors in the morning, who should band together and let FedEx know this wont fly. I hope tomorrow is better but who knows with this place. These are the days when you know your extremely under paid and worse under appreciated. I really hope the management dosent get their bonuses off us this peak maybe that will wake them up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dont know about you guys but today was a joke. We have are preload starting at regular time which means we all stood around for 2 hours before we got to leave. Must be nice to screw the drivers when your not paying the salary. Then we had the management yelling at us because we all said the samething why dont you start earlier. Getting us out 2 hours late gives a bigger chance of service failures. We had the TM even threaten a few drivers with their jobs thats funny I thought we didnt work for you. What a joke. Got out of the building ran the route no breaks, no lunch, and still had service failures. I hope Ground gets their crap together to make for a easier peak for everyone. It stinks when you have people running this system who apparently dont have a clue.

I know there were alot of late pickups today too which is a 40 dollar charge to the contractor. There are going to be a lot of upset contractors in the morning, who should band together and let FedEx know this wont fly. I hope tomorrow is better but who knows with this place. These are the days when you know your extremely under paid and worse under appreciated. I really hope the management dosent get their bonuses off us this peak maybe that will wake them up.

Just more evidence that the FedEx Corporation has nearly complete control over a group of "independent" contractors and their non-employees. The TM (a FedEx employee), whose buttons are pushed from Memphis, is exerting control in the manner of an employer/employee relationship. This is precisely why FedEx Ground will eventually be undone by the legal system.