Peak here already?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Interesting.

My facility began "peak operations" this week, with the additional lines (trailer extensions) set-up and SurePost transitioning to the furniture vans. However, we will not be using helpers until the week of - or just before - Thanksgiving. Instead, they're using a plethora of seasonal drivers (including Preloaders working for 3-5 hours after their shift). One of CMs said his center (one of three in our building) was granted 168 more hours vs. last year, on slightly less volume. Our drivers are bragging about their lowest dispatches of the year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No peak here, just the opposite in fact. Company is loading up runner/gunners with helpers. Helper routes really are not needed yet, but why not exploit the agreement?

Now, if we can only get the runner/gunners to take lunch at the right time, if at all...

gman042

Been around the block a few times
We had IE show up yesterday to try to solve the issue of cramming more trucks in a finite space. We have spurs jutting off the main line just to try to keep up to the growth our center has been experiencing over the last couple of years.
He looked at the building setup and the the spurs and just shook his head. Called it a "mickey mouse" operation. He did not know how we had done as long as we had. Last year it was a fiasco. Is there something worse than a fiasco?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had IE show up yesterday to try to solve the issue of cramming more trucks in a finite space. We have spurs jutting off the main line just to try to keep up to the growth our center has been experiencing over the last couple of years.
He looked at the building setup and the the spurs and just shook his head. Called it a "mickey mouse" operation. He did not know how we had done as long as we had. Last year it was a fiasco. Is there something worse than a fiasco?
Yeah my center is pushing its max on a daily basis. Come peak it's nuts there are trucks every where. Word is here they wanted to expand or build a new center in the early 90's but decided against it. Now just to being the center up to safety code it would cost more than it would of then to build a whole new center.

over9five

Staff member
Feeders:

We've had seasonal drivers since Oct 1st. Last week I had 36 minutes OT for the week, no need for anyone to get OT when you have seasonal help, right?
This week, I've been over 10 every day. (That's one more stop!) I'm not sure if volume just spiked, or they've implemented a Peak plan, tho I've heard the Hub is well into Peak volume.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I knew that peak already began, I know that they are using outside helpers instead of insiders. Bunch of bastards. I saw a box yesterday that marked "peak diads". I don't care, I already lost all hopes in this crappy job, good thing I got a fulltime second job.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah this job sucks but you know what it I what it is. Where you going to go and get a 90k a year job. All you stupid idiots that quit aint nothing but a bunch of little girls with no mental discipline. Good luck struggling to make ends meet with jobs that don't pay jack shiznitt.

QKRSTKR

Here it's yellow = under minimum stops, red = over max. Stops. White your in between min/max. Perfect. But it doesn't really matter. You can be yellow and screwed depending on what min/max is. They change it Daily