Peak hits tomorrow?????????

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by spif91, Dec 16, 2012.

1. spif91

spif91 Member

Ran 95,000 thru the hub Thurs nite. Expecting 165,000 tonite..........Got a feeling it's gonna be another of those triples kinda a nites........
  2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I have a large package in route.
  3. laffter

laffter Active Member

That's what he- nevermind.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Bring it on! Need about 35 hours this week to hit 100K for the year.
  5. serenity now

serenity now Guest

i ain't scared
  6. TheKid

TheKid Well-Known Member

Like I keep telling them , 'there are only so many hours in the day' . . . . .
  7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If you are sorting it tomorrow, it will take a day or 2 to get to me. We are expecting Wed, Thu and Fri to be our brutal days. I would not be surprised if Monday is really heavy also.

Do relaxed NDA commits start on Monday????
  8. rod

rod retired and happy

Have things changed that much that the peak day is a week before Christmas? It was always 3 or 4 days before "back when".
  9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

My building is already starting to load the cars fo tomorrow are FT preload starts early on Sundays during peak. I'll be showing up at 7:30 if they are wrapped I'll be leaving the building.

Yes relax commits start tomorrow.
  10. serenity now

serenity now Guest

i have a much more repulsive way of conveying that same thought, but this is a family show
  11. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

Relax commits? Whats that? I have no commit time for anything on my route!!
  12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

My commits have been relaxed for the last three weeks. We've been sending air drivers out on split routes, and my air (rural) has been sent back to me. I tell my center manager it will be late, and he just shrugs his shoulders.:happy-very:
  13. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That what happens when your delivering in the sticks.
  14. BCFan

BCFan Active Member

Bring it on! I relish the chance to make the final big dollars of the year.15 days and its back on the 9.5 list and triple time. Company can kiss my donkey I hate UPS......BC
  15. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

UPS stores and other package shops will be SUPER heavy tomorrow for pick-ups. I believe Monday is the last day for ground to make it by Christmas, if you are shipping across the country.

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

XMAS Eve will be easy this year !!

All schools, colleges, universities will be closed
    Plus most businesses are forcing the 4 day weekend in my neck of the woods, which really doesn't matter because there are no pickups

Next Monday will be a fun day. Tomorrow, I will be prepared for a tremendously busy week !!!
  17. upshawk

upshawk New Member

We were told relaxed commit times dont startuntil tues
  18. serenity now

serenity now Guest

we find it out when it shows in edd
  19. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

lol... us too

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

The UPS website has a 2012 holiday schedule
    At the bottom shows that Dec 18 - Dec 24 will be a have a 90 minute extension to the commit times