Peak is coming... please have decals on those rental vehicles!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So i remember when i was a temp driver running out of penske, uhaul, budget, enterprise,avis vehicles.... its bad enough none of them have stepvans with shelves.

But, futhermore, these customers don't know that we're really Fedex out there delivering in the dark after 1630~1700 up close to 2400

I've encountered a few customers in some areas with guns in hand. Even some PoPo stopping me as to why im driving around at 2300~2400

A few have signs like the following during the day, which will obviously can't be seen at night:
20160917_125312.jpg

So get your FedEx management to order a couple of those vynil or magnetic logos NOW!

OrioN

Well those subcontractors of ground or HD weren't slapping them on the rentals last peak...

Since we're all going orange Ex, maybe they can share

dezguy

I can remember, years ago, riding around in a Penske van. Pulled up to a house where the home owner proceeded to ream me out because she paid to have FedEx deliver her package. Explain all I could but she kept on screaming at me. This was back when I was young and dumb so I just stood there taking the abuse for 5 or so minutes like an idiot.

BootsOnTarmac

During peak I have seen my fedex ground man have his son-in-law run with the regular truck and his daughter drive a rental van and himself in the family SUV. Thankfully they all wear uniforms and use a simple FEDEX magnetic sign on the rental and personal vehicle.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

During peak I have seen my fedex ground man have his son-in-law run with the regular truck and his daughter drive a rental van and himself in the family SUV. Thankfully they all wear uniforms and use a simple FEDEX magnetic sign on the rental and personal vehicle.

Did the sign include the DOT number?

OrioN

DOT not needed on anything under 10K lbs anymore... they stopped printing those #s ~ 2 years ago

but that guy using his SUV to deliver probably wasn't FX approved; maybe he's just shuttling the extra cargo to the others?

McFeely

Huge Member
No real difference in making a delivery in a personal SUV than it was for me as an Express driver making deliveries in a rented minivan last peak.

STFXG

You can use a personal vehicle as a rental. Just have to write up a rental agreement between yourself and your corporation. FedEx isn't going to check your insurance policy.

TeamLift

I can remember, years ago, riding around in a Penske van. Pulled up to a house where the home owner proceeded to ream me out because she paid to have FedEx deliver her package. Explain all I could but she kept on screaming at me. This was back when I was young and dumb so I just stood there taking the abuse for 5 or so minutes like an idiot.

I have done evening appointments in shorts, tee shirt and my car, customer once asked, is this what I paid for in my evening appointment, I said I was done at 2.00 pm, so yes it is, I'm on my way to the restaurant so sign right here and have a nice day.

bacha29

I have done evening appointments in shorts, tee shirt and my car, customer once asked, is this what I paid for in my evening appointment, I said I was done at 2.00 pm, so yes it is, I'm on my way to the restaurant so sign right here and have a nice day.[/QUOTE A few years ago the regional safety manger came up and told us at Ground that under no conditions were we to deliver using our personal vehicles. The reason being that a few weeks earlier a guy was using his personal vehicle to deliver a box on his way home was in a bad wreck never mind the fact that the guy was seriously injured all that mattered in Ground's minds eye was the fact that the box didn't make it to it's destination. I expect that one thing you will see upon the completion of the CSP/ISP conversion is that contractors will have to get their own insurance coverage through somebody other than Marsh/Protective as well as having a spare inventory of trucks on site that match Ground's appearance specifications and will no longer per permitted to use rentals . At least none that have the rental company's brand in plain view.

Sparky

Why in their infinite wisdom did they get a bunch of transits and Promasters without bulkheads and glass rear windows

Southeast Hoss

You should have hurled that package right at her.

OrioN

Why in their infinite wisdom did they get a bunch of transits and Promasters without bulkheads and glass rear windows

Last minute? Because ground n HD probably reserved the box trucks ahead o time...

Plus most those cargo vans probably fall under non-DOT weight, so no HOS rules?