Peak is going to suck

wayfair

swollen member
sucking, in this threads context, means a lot more money!

and if you haven't opted in and are working 10-12 hours all year long

you are missing out on a ton of cash!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Delivering to Access Point's will help reduce stops. But if they are going to keep the the same amount of drivers, it's going to be a disaster. There's a reason last peak went so smooth and that's because we were over staffed. Why not just hire 25% less seasonals?
There you go being reasonable again.

On the bright side we hired a ton of perm drivers before last peak so may not be terrible.

Overpaid Union Thug

Peak sucks every year.....except for last year. I worked semi normal hours on a country split route and never had a helper or helper board. It was great. But I knew the bean counters wouldn't let us have repeat of last year though. Plus, I have a bid route now and it requires a helper. I can't stand peak for that reason. Dealing with helpers and the damn helper board is not something I enjoy at all. And the hours we work during a normal peak aren't worth it because of taxes. At least last year's extra OT wasn't sucked away by taxes. But I knew it wouldn't happen like that again. Apparently we had too many people just standing around last peak. LOL!

box_beeyotch

Peak can be as a terrible as it wants to be, I'll laugh all the way bank and then back to the bank again because I'll make so much money it'll take two trips.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Bottom line is they'll just EC everything we miss and roll it like 2013. They're going to over-compensate the opposite direction from last year. We're essentially fishtailing because leadership is a slave to wall street.
There is a line that shouldn't be that hard to walk.

Last year we hired too many. Ok peel it back 20% or so. Not oh we are hiring no one. Wtf

asphaltcowboy

Idc ot is ot last year sucked really being overstaffed only working until 2000 and keeping the helper all day after air... The year before last I punched out once at 2145 and was happy...every night I was minutes from violating did violate one night mgmt told me to punch out and head on in with 1 del left... I refused and punched out and 2315 didn't hear a word about it. But really I'm ready for them 2k checks last peak seemed like regular