Peak is going to suck

browner89

I'd love to hear the reasoning too.

You actually get a helper all day? Last peak we rarely had a helper go with a driver for more than 3 hours.

In our center the helper stayed the whole shift or as long as they could (other job, working inside at night, etc. as long as the driver was fine with taking them back to the meet point at a certain time). We were very lenient with those who couldn't commit but a full shift was always given if they wanted it.

PT Car Washer

If after a year or two they are already crying, they are not cut out for this job. Being at Express for a while, I could honestly say I would have no problem doing more stops for the pay and benefits you guys get.
Sorry. But have heard that song for way too many years. Love those $2k checks a week for a while but unless you buy a new 60k truck and a 200k house what else do you do?

govols019

You smell that?
If after a year or two they are already crying, they are not cut out for this job. Being at Express for a while, I could honestly say I would have no problem doing more stops for the pay and benefits you guys get.

I've seen many people come and go that said things like that...it's all sunshine and lollipops from the outside.

MAKAVELI

I've seen many people come and go that said things like that...it's all sunshine and lollipops from the outside.
From the outside who have no experience, I'd agree with you. But I'm talking about my own personal experience. For double the pay and benefits I would have no problem doing what you guys do. I'm sure after years of harassment from management I'd feel a lot like you guys. But I'd have the the experience of FedEx to appreciate what you guys earn. If I could get on full time off the street, I'd jump in a heartbeat.

Mr.Golden

U must be single. I thought I worked too much, but have over 300 less hours than you.

I enjoy my family time.

Your right no family yet, just a girlfriend. She always satisfied [emoji6]. I just want to pay off a house I'm looking to get next year built. It's a mini mansion around for 250-300. I want it by the lake

Orion inc.

I like turtles
From the outside who have no experience, I'd agree with you. But I'm talking about my own personal experience. For double the pay and benefits I would have no problem doing what you guys do. I'm sure after years of harassment from management I'd feel a lot like you guys. But I'd have the the experience of FedEx to appreciate what you guys earn. If I could get on full time off the street, I'd jump in a heartbeat.

Then go apply at ups. After you get hired and they jam 60 hours/week of work on you for years, come back and tell us how your "experience at FedEx" prepared you and you still feel the same way.

FedEx is a cake walk compared to what we have put on us all day

MAKAVELI

Then go apply at ups. After you get hired and they jam 60 hours/week of work on you for years, come back and tell us how your "experience at FedEx" prepared you and you still feel the same way.

FedEx is a cake walk compared to what we have put on us all day
I never said what you guys do is easy. So chill out bro. I'm merely saying your compensation makes the job bearable. I know plenty of jobs that are harder than yours for a third of your pay. Contrary to what you may believe, you don't have the toughest job in the world. So relax and enjoy that paycheck bro. And like I said, if I could get on full-time off the street, I would.

Overpaid Union Thug

I never said what you guys do is easy. So chill out bro. I'm merely saying your compensation makes the job bearable. I know plenty of jobs that are harder than yours for a third of your pay. Contrary to what you may believe, you don't have the toughest job in the world. So relax and enjoy that paycheck bro. And like I said, if I could get on full-time off the street, I would.
I will have to agree with you there. This job is only as hard as people let it get. Walking and following as many methods as we can makes it so easy. The only wear and tear on the body should be when we leave and enter the truck. And if done right that's not that much strain on the body.

It's an easy job that we are extremely well compensated for. The long hours can be debated but some of the people you said are working harder for less pay are also working these hours too. At least we have a recourse and sometimes it's monetary.

Last edited:
What makes or breaks a good peak from a bad peak is Mother Nature! As long as there is no major snow or ice storms like there was a few peaks ago everything runs ok. I like how management told us that working Black Friday last year was what made peak so smooth! In reality it was because of no major storms to hold up production.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I will have to agree with you there. This job is only as hard as people let it get. Walking and following as many methods as we can makes it so easy. The only wear and tear on the body should be when we leave and enter the truck. And if done right that's not that much strain on the body.

It's an easy job that we are extremely well compensated for. The long hours can be debated but some of the people you said are working harder for less pay are also working these hours too. At least we have a recourse and sometimes it's monetary.
How long have you been doing it again? Even if you follow all the methods, this job still isn't easy because you have things out of your control everyday that affect you day directly. When people don't do their jobs well like preload, dispatch or management, you get stuck fixing their poor quality everyday.

Yes we get compensated well. And a good driver earns that and then some every single day while making the company money hand over foot.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

I just find it comical when fedex drivers all say how they would love our job, pay etc and how easy it would be. Every fedex driver both ground and express, when they see my 600 packages brick loaded in my truck say screw that. Most wouldn't last a week on our hours.

Like I said, go apply at ups. They are hiring off the street all over the country right now like crazy because many don't want the job. Especially the millennials. Put ten years in and let me know if you still feel the same.

Or you guys at FedEx could actually get some backbone and organize and fight for a union there like they should of years ago. Then you'd be on our level.

MAKAVELI

I just find it comical when fedex drivers all say how they would love our job, pay etc and how easy it would be. Every fedex driver both ground and express, when they see my 600 packages brick loaded in my truck say screw that. Most wouldn't last a week on our hours.

Like I said, go apply at ups. They are hiring off the street all over the country right now like crazy because many don't want the job. Especially the millennials. Put ten years in and let me know if you still feel the same.

Or you guys at FedEx could actually get some backbone and organize and fight for a union there like they should of years ago. Then you'd be on our level.
I never said I would love your job. I would love the pay and benefits. I'm not like the ones who would say screw that. I would look at your truck and say that's why you get paid the big bucks. Nothing in life is for free brutha. As far as organizing, that would be a waste of time unless the IBT backed us or the RLA went away.

MAKAVELI

I find it comical that someone such as yourself thinks you are somehow special and elite because of your job. Hate to break the news to you, you are not. There are millions upon millions of people that work just as hard if not harder than you. The difference is you are paid very well for your hard work. Many others are not so fortunate in this day and age. Good paying blue collar jobs have been declining for decades. So consider yourself lucky to have one and stop bitching and moaning about how many cardboard boxes you have to deliver.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I find it comical that someone such as yourself thinks you are somehow special and elite because of your job. Hate to break the news to you, you are not. There are millions upon millions of people that work just as hard if not harder than you. The difference is you are paid very well for your hard work. Many others are not so fortunate in this day and age. Good paying blue collar jobs have been declining for decades. So consider yourself lucky to have one and stop bitching and moaning about how many cardboard boxes you have to deliver.

I don't think I'm elite but I was smart enough to realize a union job was a better career path than non Union.

And I'm not bitching and moaning princess. I've been doing it 20 years. I know how the game is played even if the game has become screwed up beyond belief in the last 5 years. Although I find it funny how empty all those FedEx trucks look in the morning and hearing the FedEx guy complain about how he has so much to do.

Instead of saying consider myself lucky for having a good paying Union job, why don't you guys start fighting to reverse the decline of that and make a better job for yourself at FedEx. My pay and benefits aren't "luck". They were fought for by guys before and guys today like myself. I'm paid well for my work because we stood together as a collective and bargained for it. It came with sacrifices and spilled blood in the labor union movement. If you guys were willing to do the same, you'd be on our level.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

MAKAVELI

I don't think I'm elite but I was smart enough to realize a union job was a better career path than non Union.

And I'm not bitching and moaning princess. I've been doing it 20 years. I know how the game is played even if the game has become screwed up beyond belief in the last 5 years. Although I find it funny how empty all those FedEx trucks look in the morning and hearing the FedEx guy complain about how he has so much to do.

Instead of saying consider myself lucky for having a good paying Union job, why don't you guys start fighting to reverse the decline of that and make a better job for yourself at FedEx. My pay and benefits aren't "luck". They were fought for by guys before and guys today like myself. I'm paid well for my work because we stood together as a collective and bargained for it. It came with sacrifices and spilled blood in the labor union movement. If you guys were willing to do the same, you'd be on our level.

Luck has nothing to do with it.
I would have no problem fighting for a union here at FedEx. The problem is Fred has paid off so many politicians and has made an uphill battle into Mt Everest. Is it possible to organize nationally at once? Yes, but not without the support and organizing from the IBT. And looking at how they have struggled to get a handful of Freight terminals to vote for representation, I highly doubt they are up to task for a national campaign at Express.

Box Ox

I find it comical that someone such as yourself thinks you are somehow special and elite because of your job. Hate to break the news to you, you are not. There are millions upon millions of people that work just as hard if not harder than you.
I'm paid well for my work because we stood together as a collective and bargained for it.

And most of us suffer and sacrifice through years of part time work to even get the chance to be paid well. And when we finally get that chance to go full time, we're still a few years away from top rate.

If that still sounds like a good deal to those blue collar folks who work harder than we do for less pay, I haven't spotted or talked to any who were banging down the door to get to UPS.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
And most of us suffer and sacrifice through years of part time work to even get the chance to be paid well. And when we finally get that chance to go full time, we're still a few years away from top rate.

If that still sounds like a good deal to those blue collar folks who work harder than we do for less pay, I haven't spotted or talked to any who were banging down the door to get to UPS.

I hated that part the most. I remember work PT split shifts and college at the same time. And not bringing home much in pay either. Putting in your dues and working your way to a level you want to be is the real effort. Thank god I was very young. I can't imagine doing all that in my later years