Peak is NOT coming

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Peak is a piece of cake. Just like anything else in life, if you think negative thoughts and dwell on how bad a situation is, your already mentally defeated and the situation in your mind is going to be escalated. Just find that place in your mind where your like whatever dude it is what it is and just go through the motions and not think about it. Think about that fatazz paycheck and them cold frostees your going to get into when you get off work lol. :beersmiley:

watdaflock?

Best part about peak for me is being in the dog house when its single digit temperatures. Rollers only move at your speed.

Last winter we learned if you stack enough card board boxes underneath the heaters you can make additional heat.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The best peaks I have worked were planned by mgt and the drivers, together, and it was smooth as silk. The worst were planned by a new mgt team wanting to "fix" every little problem and any driver input was ignored because what do they know.

PT Car Washer

Best part about peak for me is being in the dog house when its single digit temperatures. Rollers only move at your speed.

Last winter we learned if you stack enough card board boxes underneath the heaters you can make additional heat.
Sometimes the doghouses have better heat then the building. Saturday morning the heat was on in the green belt doghouse we use for Saturday air.

watdaflock?

Sometimes the doghouses have better heat then the building.

I wish. Our doghouse is a metal box. When the snow is blowing hard outside we get small snow drifts inside the doghouse. Even more fun is when the snow melts on the wooden floors it quickly turns into ice.

The heaters do nothing but mock and ridicule us.

Z

ZQXC

Peak 2014 has been canceled

3081659.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

I just love having an entire section of packages that is one neighborhood and each street has 10 stops with 2-8 pieces each and EVERY stop on each street has the same SPA number.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just love having an entire section of packages that is one neighborhood and each street has 10 stops with 2-8 pieces each and EVERY stop on each street has the same SPA number.
If they're all spa'd to the same #...a good loader will organize by house or apt #. One of my routes has a apt complex and a trailer park...both of which get tons of stuff. I will load by ascendng number...and keep the.smalls in a separate tote box if smalls are heavy. During peak...I load the smalls for each in forever bags.

Overpaid Union Thug

If they're all spa'd to the same #...a good loader will organize by house or apt #. One of my routes has a apt complex and a trailer park...both of which get tons of stuff. I will load by ascendng number...and keep the.smalls in a separate tote box if smalls are heavy. During peak...I load the smalls for each in forever bags.
There hasn't been a good loader hired in this building since EDD was implemented. Here the only loading method is to stuff each section according to the SPA. And lately using only the first....MAYBE the first and second numbers of the SPA. Anything else is asking too much.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There are very few workers who will do more than they have to.
We all make the same amount of pay as the laziest person in our group. Not saying that's any excuse, it's just the way it is.
I get it...I could load my trucks backwards and still keep my job. I guess I just have this silly thing called taking some pride in my work. My drivers have a better day cause I did my job well.

over9five

Staff member
I get it...I could load my trucks backwards and still keep my job. I guess I just have this silly thing called taking some pride in my work. My drivers have a better day cause I did my job well.
I think that you are the exception. Do the other people in your group do their job as well as you do?