Peak Projections

STFXG

With how poorly last year was projected it looks like peak will be fun this year! Last year, as you all know, they weren't even in the ballpark on projections. Well... This year we got a projection of nearly 25% heavier than last year. With one week less! It should be interesting to see how far off they are once again.

Doc Sorting Dude

The Ground guys in my area added another truck and the HD guy traded his lame sprinter for a step van. Express? They downgraded my W700 for a MB Sprinter. Heater works great, I plan to spend a lot of cold days with this heater on high. This is the time of year I start to work at my pace and not what the company tells me too. They can "Bugger-Off"!..ok I'm watching too much BBC telly.

MAKAVELI

The Ground guys in my area added another truck and the HD guy traded his lame sprinter for a step van. Express? They downgraded my W700 for a MB Sprinter. Heater works great, I plan to spend a lot of cold days with this heater on high. This is the time of year I start to work at my pace and not what the company tells me too. They can "Bugger-Off"!..ok I'm watching too much BBC telly.
Those MB are very cushy rides.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Every time I pull away in my Grumman, I bury the pedal. Only blew up an axle once..............so far.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have never seen the center SO unprepared for peak. The pre load sux,we dont have near enough drivers,with a management team whose head is buried in the sand .We are going to get BURIED,and will still be delivering Xmas packages in the middle of January to pissed off customers.

overflowed

I have never seen the center SO unprepared for peak. The pre load sux,we dont have near enough drivers,with a management team whose head is buried in the sand .We are going to get BURIED,and will still be delivering Xmas packages in the middle of January to pissed off customers.

See we're really not that different. You guys just get paid well.

Sniper

I predict volumes will be up with more cyber shopping. I also predict we will have weather in our local area. This pic was taken yesterday. White Top, VA. Happy Halloween.

wtstation.jpg

I can't control the volumes or weather. I can control my attitude and smile on a snowy day. :happy-very:
wtstation.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I predict volumes will be up with more cyber shopping. I also predict we will have weather in our local area. This pic was taken yesterday. White Top, VA. Happy Halloween.

View attachment 10353

I can't control the volumes or weather. I can control my attitude and smile on a snowy day. :happy-very:

This is a good time to mention FedEx Accident Policy. You're right that you cannot control the weather, but you can choose whether or not you choose to hit the road if conditions are bad enough. You can be a hero, and go out and deliver in a blizzard, but if you end-up in the ditch like a Ground driver, you'll be charged with a preventable accident. Sometimes, conditions are so bad, that no matter what, you'll end-up with a big problem. Most of us don't have a 4X4 like Sniper, and even a chained W-series is a handful in the snow because they are so stiffly sprung. In many cases, even chains are useless. On ice, it doesn't matter what you have unless studded tires are available.

You can tell Fred to shove it 2 ways on a snowy day. First, you can just call in sick ("When it's slick, I'm sick"), which is recommended. Your second choice is to dig out Safety Policy, which allows you to say " Nope, it's just too unsafe out there", and not go on the road. Management will never let you know this clause exists, but it does so they can say " YOUR FAULT", because you decided to go out and work in unsafe conditions. Don't be a hero. I know lots of people who have gotten preventables for very minor things like getting stuck in a ditch.

Nick9075

I have never seen the center SO unprepared for peak. The pre load sux,we dont have near enough drivers,with a management team whose head is buried in the sand .We are going to get BURIED,and will still be delivering Xmas packages in the middle of
January to pissed off customers.

Not easy to find drivers at the current pay rate especially in an expensive area like nyc or drivers that are qualified
If you think it sucks so much why are you still there

STFXG

Not easy to find drivers at the current pay rate especially in an expensive area like nyc or drivers that are qualified
If you think it sucks so much why are you still there

You know they lowered the requirements for drivers right?