Peak Season Frustration Vent

S

serenity now

wed. morning - they took my truck away and put me in a p.o.s that is a bigger p.o.s than the p.o.s.
that i normally drive * this truck is one of the yard orphans that a cover driver will use for one day and then it will sit for 3 days before a different cover driver uses it for one day * nothing ever gets written up & nothing ever gets repaired * ran out of space on the dvir ( looked like one of those old civil war letters where they would fill the page and then turn the letter 90 degrees and write across what had already been written ) * at some point during the sad life of this truck, the roof was painted (that's what i said) * you have to open the rear door to have enough light to be able to find the correct pkg. *
"why don't you turn on the cargo lights?"
* the solitary light in the rear corner has almost the same brightness as a single birthday candle *

serenity now

serenity now

serenity now.............

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I've been given 3 untrained helpers on a route that does nothing but business stops until 4:30 PM. I'm gonna hit them up for the extra 50 cents per hour for training their helpers until their helpers can demonstrate to me that they can do the job efficiently lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've been given 3 untrained helpers on a route that does nothing but business stops until 4:30 PM. I'm gonna hit them up for the extra 50 cents per hour for training their helpers until their helpers can demonstrate to me that they can do the job efficiently lol.

Monday was my first day with my new helper. He had worked with the cover driver last week but was basically told which house and where to put it. By the end of Monday he was sheeting residentials and single stop commercial stops by himself. Tuesday we worked on deliveries within multiple stop buildings which took him a while to figure out. Yesterday we worked on multiple left-ats and sheeting while walking. We were to the point where he would go one way and I would go the other. 181 stops, 480 pkgs, 5.99 helper hours worked, punched out at 1815.

For those of you who refuse to use your helper as anything more than a go-fer you are shortchanging yourselves.

Indecisi0n

Monday was my first day with my new helper. He had worked with the cover driver last week but was basically told which house and where to put it. By the end of Monday he was sheeting residentials and single stop commercial stops by himself. Tuesday we worked on deliveries within multiple stop buildings which took him a while to figure out. Yesterday we worked on multiple left-ats and sheeting while walking. We were to the point where he would go one way and I would go the other. 181 stops, 480 pkgs, 5.99 helper hours worked, punched out at 1815.

For those of you who refuse to use your helper as anything more than a go-fer you are shortchanging yourselves.

Not all helpers have the intellect to learn the DIAD. I can point to a house and describe it from the roof down to the bricked walk way and they will still go to the wrong house. Ugh.

Buck Fifty

....and that left ya'll plenty of time to slam a few Koolaids I'm guessing.:martinismiley:

CharleyHustle

181 stops, 480 pkgs, 5.99 helper hours worked, punched out at 1815.

I respect your ability to utilize your helper effectively, but in my barn, and in most barns if those were my Wednesday numbers my Thursday dispatch would be 205 stops, 550 pkgs. I teach every helper I get to use the board, and every stop they deliver is in the helper board. For the most part they aren't particularly fast, and I don't particularly care.

thats because you're the best.

bumped

I've done that in the past, but then that helper gets taken away from me and I'm given another greenhorn. So, now its just point and run.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

I know that killed you, working an hour and 15 minutes OT.

S

serenity now

wed. morning - they took my truck away and put me in a p.o.s that is a bigger p.o.s than the p.o.s.
that i normally drive * this truck is one of the yard orphans that a cover driver will use for one day and then it will sit for 3 days before a different cover driver uses it for one day * nothing ever gets written up & nothing ever gets repaired * ran out of space on the dvir ( looked like one of those old civil war letters where they would fill the page and then turn the letter 90 degrees and write across what had already been written ) * at some point during the sad life of this truck, the roof was painted (that's what i said) * you have to open the rear door to have enough light to be able to find the correct pkg. *
"why don't you turn on the cargo lights?"
* the solitary light in the rear corner has almost the same brightness as a single birthday candle *

serenity now

serenity now

serenity now.............

update

friday morning, get there to find a different truck * not even December and already had 2 horses shot out from under me * serenity now, serenity now...................

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know that killed you, working an hour and 15 minutes OT.

I put in I think 56 hours this week. Monday killed my week only worked 8.22. It's peak I'm here to make some money!!!!! I was beggin for work tonight when I got in at 8 problem was dispatch was good and almost everyone was in or very close to done.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Have a P12 when I need a 10. Have a seasoned preloader. Have an intelligent helper with initiative. Had 3/4 of my bus stops taking from me by a seasonal driver. Ring and fling all day. Serinity is here.

yeldarb

We are getting killed. I had 8.3 hours available for Friday. Most drivers had less than 10 hours available. We had multiple routes bring back 100+ stops.

S

serenity now

..... with only 3 days left, some clown decided i needed a helper.
my helper weighs about 115 pounds, she is terrified of dogs, and on her ups utility belt there is no diad
that's right this helper comes without the diad option

so, what i really have is a "skinny rider"

Last edited by a moderator:

upsman68

If you were at my building you would be sent back out to help the drivers that get dispatched 350--400 residential stops.

Ms.PacMan

..... with only 3 days left, some clown decided i needed a helper.
my helper weighs about 115 pounds, she is terrified of dogs, and on her ups utility belt there is no diad
that's right this helper comes without the diad option

so, what i really have is a "skinny rider"
lol

Helpers with diads aren't all that helpful -especially when they fat finger the thing and have to run back to you for help.

First snow today. 258 stops and my helper can't make it in! He said he couldn't get his car out of the garage because his dad didn't shovel the driveway before he left for work. :helpsmili