Peak season question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AKWchingchong415, Aug 15, 2014.

1. AKWchingchong415

AKWchingchong415 New Member

I was wondering when peak season started. Also, I would like to know the hours of a peak season twilight loader.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Depends on the building. Ask someone in your building.
  3. AndUPSER

AndUPSER Active Member

The two years I worked twilight during peak season I worked 4-11 basically from November 1st until January 1st. It really didn't get super heavy until the Monday after Thanksgiving.
  4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Traditionally starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. Now I believe it starts the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I normally work the Twi sort and can start as early as 4:30 and run to 10:30. Remember I said can. It would depend on where you are located and staffing levels. For a couple weeks our Day sort will run right into the Twilight sort and Twi will run into the Night sort and Night sort will run into the Preload sort and Preload will run into the Day sort. You getting the picture?
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Really,..only 3 months till peak...again? Wasn't it just here like 20 minutes ago?? Ugh.
  6. PT Car Washer

I said "traditionally". Like 30 years ago.
  7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I always found peak starts right after Thanksgiving.
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Actually you could make an argument even 5 years ago "peak" really only lasted about a week and half. Now it's almost 2 months of hell.

Wait who am I kidding? It's 12 months at this place.
  9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

What's this peak you speak of?;)
  10. PT Car Washer

New hires that can hang would call it job security and a fat paycheck every week.
  11. Kinrossy

Kinrossy New Member

For a TCD like me, peak starts the first of November. That's when all the FT's realize that they gotta get rid of their option days. It ends Jan 31st, when hunting season is over.

Sent using BrownCafe App