Peak season realization

El Correcto

god is dead
I see now as a TCD the business bulk stops want their stuff at a certain time everyday if the usual full time does it that way, so trace is completely useless in orion. You need to keep the customers happy over running residential ground in your air and bulk stops while those people are most likely at work getting an info notice posted on their front door. I was just thinking does management care? They just hand me a jumbled mess everyday with no commit times to keep people happy and expect it to work just as "planned" lol...

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I've covered a route that Orion has me run half a business park in the morning, run extended resis, then come back to finish the business park in the late afternoon. Mind you, these are business customers that need and have come to expect those packages early in the day. So, when I'm on the route, I just turn Orion off and take care of the customer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I see now as a TCD the business bulk stops want their stuff at a certain time everyday if the usual full time does it that way, so trace is completely useless in orion. You need to keep the customers happy over running residential ground in your air and bulk stops while those people are most likely at work getting an info notice posted on their front door. I was just thinking does management care? They just hand me a jumbled mess everyday with no commit times to keep people happy and expect it to work just as "planned" lol...
You're not paid to think. Work as directed.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Typical management money saving answer. We used to provide the best service in the industry. I still do and honestly don't care what Orion tells me.
It's a valid question. If you depend on something so much, why wouldn't you pay to ensure you have it when you need it? You're playing with fire otherwise.

I don't really care how much you follow your trace percentage. You don't work for me.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I run it the way they tell me and when the customers get upset I give them the 800 number.

If they need it so bad why are they getting it ground?

It's a valid question. If you depend on something so much, why wouldn't you pay to ensure you have it when you need it? You're playing with fire otherwise.

I don't really care how much you follow your trace percentage. You don't work for me.

I agree ..that's why we have overnight service.

Faceplanted

It's the right thing to do. A customer who ships a lot of packages with us, keeps your pension going, and provides ups with profit deserves good service. They deserve to have their packages as soon as convenient for the driver to get over there. This is especially true if they have been getting their stuff early in the day for 15 years and have based their business on this aspect of our being so consistent you can set your watch to the brown truck pulling up.

Keep thinking like how you do, your thought process is getting people to make the switch to fedex. If they get :censored2: service why not just pay less for the same :censored2: service

Ps if u were my sup, u still wouldn't do anything about my trace

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's the right thing to do. A customer who ships a lot of packages with us, keeps your pension going, and provides ups with profit deserves good service. They deserve to have their packages as soon as convenient for the driver to get over there. This is especially true if they have been getting their stuff early in the day for 15 years and have based their business on this aspect of our being so consistent you can set your watch to the brown truck pulling up.

Keep thinking like how you do, your thought process is getting people to make the switch to fedex. If they get :censored2: service why not just pay less for the same :censored2: service
Everybody wants their stuff early. You know how you can ensure your stuff gets there early? Pay for it. I'm all for servicing the customer. But I'm not going to have a driver run to deliver one business at 1035 just because they want their stuff early.

FedEx does the same thing. I love the everybody is running to FedEx thing. Preload has broken the all time record here 4 times this peak. Local Sort broke the record twice. I'm not very concerned.

Faceplanted

I'm talking about big customers who ship with us every day that Orion says I should deliver at 345 and pick up at 430. I could care less about the 1/2 package office girl who wants her stuff early

By The Book

It's funny how we were disciplined for not being there before, then Orion comes along and you'd think they invented the wheel or something. This Orion does allow the competition to cherry pick our business though. Common sense people....please!

By The Book

I'm talking about big customers who ship with us every day that Orion says I should deliver at 345 and pick up at 430. I could care less about the 1/2 package office girl who wants her stuff early
Have a talk with the customer and see if they can order a 1lb next day air so you will be going there early. Strangely this works.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why us UPS at all ? fed ex ground is cheaper..what can we do as drivers to even the playing field...hhhmmmmm
The only way thing that will level the playing field is drivers taking a pay cut (which I am absolutely NOT advocating. I want that to be clear). That will bring the cost structures more in line.

What we offer is professional service and 1 pick up and 1 delivery for all services. FedEx can't match that.

Faceplanted

Have a talk with the customer and see if they can order a 1lb next day air so you will be going there early. Strangely this works.
Not if I have them as my Orion first stop, and don't have time to get their bulk off.... See how Orion fails in every way?

Ups can continue to say every year is better than before. If we grow at 2% yearly and fedex grows at 15% yearly all you close eyed and minded sups will keep saying "well this year was better than last

I run my route as its own little company, try to keep everybody as happy as possible, do the right thing.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Ups can continue to say every year is better than before. If we grow at 2% yearly and fedex grows at 15% yearly all you close eyed and minded sups will keep saying "well this year was better than last"
I'd be concerned if they were stealing contracts from us hand over fist. But they aren't. It's easy to grow when you're small. Once you're UPS' size, growth will never be as drastic.