Peak season

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by skatebmx05, Dec 1, 2009.

1. skatebmx05

skatebmx05 New Member

Is here volume was insane today anyone else feel the extra kick today at your building?

2. Kraetos

Kraetos Preload, Loader

No, it all went to you while the rest of us had an easy day.

3. Brown Rocket

Brown Rocket Member

Wouldn't know. Dec 1 and I am still laid off due to 13 golf cart routes ran by helpers being paid 8.50 an hour. 90 plus stops each. But the union says it's ok.

4. skatebmx05

skatebmx05 New Member

hardy har

Lasted edited by : Dec 1, 2009
  5. dilligaf-2

dilligaf-2 New Member

Rocket, I hope your one of the cart drivers

6. NHDRVR

NHDRVR New Member

Nothing new up here...

Not enough routes are in BUT no drivers are laid off and most of us have helpers.

So said our SS

7. BDubYa

BDubYa New Member

As far as I know we all got slammed today. I had 201 stops(with an area taken off) and i usually average around 130-145. Guy next to me had 212 (with an area taken off) and the guy on the other side had 260 (with an area taken off). Did anyone elses usps deliveries go up to? I usually have maybe 40-50 and today I had 122. Should be an interesting season to say the least.

8. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Sounds like the local there had their balls removed.

9. Raw

Raw Raw Member

Nope!!

10. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Volume actually was very low today. I'm waiting for the Cyber Monday spike on Thurs. or Fri.

11. For us it was way up, so they decided to put extra 2 split on me. :) I think they just tested how it's gonna look like on Dec. 21st. It was a good day, helper worked 8 hours, I 10.5 them. Will see it tomorrow.

12. Loufan

Loufan New Member

We ran 220k sunday, 200k monday and 230k today, Got between 6 1/2- 7 hours during those days. which is good for being part time. It really just seemed like a really heavy monday on all the days. Nothing that's really scared me. I hope we pick up towards the end of the week, especially Friday. Overtime all day Friday :)

13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I was Slamed 76 stops 237 pieces 18 pu 111 pieces 135 miles and boy am I tired now thats a fair days work for a fair days pay.

14. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

???
    How can this be?
    Wouldn't fly here.
    What region are you in?
    What language is your local sighting in concluding this is kosher?
    Do you agree with this assessment?
    NLRB

15. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I agree there is nothing like a board charge.

16. nocturnalbuck

nocturnalbuck Member

our airplane blew out , had to make a second trip which we never ended up getting still my stops went up from 100 to 155

17. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I had 172 stops yesterday and was dispatched with 222 today. I'm not supposed to deliver in the dark. All the peak routes should have been cut in by now, I don't know what the holdup is.

18. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

Did you do anything after lunch?

19. EmerCond421

EmerCond421 Member

Was up slightly today also - 30+ stops, 90 pcs, and 350+ miles:happy2:
    10 pu, 15 pkg. TG I'm off bulk

20. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

LOL I was thinking the same thing.