"Peak season"

greenroomgal

Can anyone be specific(I love specifics lol) on a date UPS claims as "peak season"? I was hired as a TCD. My 'title' says something extremely different. My pay is extremely different than a TCD. And have yet to get my clearance rides(2) completed. I have pestered the crap out of HR with no response besides...well, too busy at the moment, soon, or no response at all. This is the most frustrating experience of my life with a job. I was told by other TCD's that once you start in hub that you get lost in the hub. This is so true. They hired 32 TCD's in July. We have all been trained, schooled and we all wait. So I work doubles to pay bills. Do they have a date for peak season or do they look at volume increase to start calling it peak season?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Can anyone be specific(I love specifics lol) on a date UPS claims as "peak season"? I was hired as a TCD. My 'title' says something extremely different. My pay is extremely different than a TCD. And have yet to get my clearance rides(2) completed. I have pestered the crap out of HR with no response besides...well, too busy at the moment, soon, or no response at all. This is the most frustrating experience of my life with a job. I was told by other TCD's that once you start in hub that you get lost in the hub. This is so true. They hired 32 TCD's in July. We have all been trained, schooled and we all wait. So I work doubles to pay bills. Do they have a date for peak season or do they look at volume increase to start calling it peak season?

Peak season typically starts January 2nd and runs through December 30th every year.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@greenroomgal : if you're asking when you will start working (and getting paid) as a driver, it will be when the package volume increase (or # of regular FT drivers off work for whatever reason) calls for it. I'm pretty sure TCD stands for Temporary Cover Driver. That should clue you in that it might not be steady work. I strongly suggest you find your union contract supplement at teamster.org (look under 'package division') and start reading it. Find a knowledgeable coworker to ask any questions you have, or if posting here, include what contract supplement you're working under as part of the question.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
@greenroomgal : if you're asking when you will start working (and getting paid) as a driver, it will be when the package volume increase (or # of regular FT drivers off work for whatever reason) calls for it. I'm pretty sure TCD stands for Temporary Cover Driver. That should clue you in that it might not be steady work. I strongly suggest you find your union contract supplement at teamster.org (look under 'package division') and start reading it. Find a knowledgeable coworker to ask any questions you have, or if posting here, include what contract supplement you're working under as part of the question.

Is TCD different from "Reg Temp" in regards to union membership?

doodoobrwn

I work in a very heavy load area and it's been peak for 8 months for my load area last Wednesday I had 1600 pieces and 5 cars. This Wednesday I had 1359 and 5 cars. Usually Tuesday-Thursday I have 5 cars and the highest volume in our center