Peak sucks

kingOFchester

WOW...tough crowd.

Funny to see some post about "manning up" and such when I could pull a few posts where one could say the same thing. Yesterday I clocked out after 9pm. 300+ stops 130 miles. It was a rough day. I clocked out with a smile and clocked back in today with a smile. Never complain and work as directed.

Does it suck....hell yea. Does it hinder me at all......Hell no.

Some of you guys need to get off your soap boxes. 3 weeks ago I got a flat tire on my way to my daughters play. After clocking out just under 9.5 with an 8 hour request. Did it suck.....uh yea. But did it stop me.....no. Just because something sucks doesnt mean

You guys are a real hoot!@!

screamin chicken

well up until tonight its been ok. I have an apt. complex with about 300 apts. I have been dumping them in the of. garage and someone else delivers them. So far its been about 11 -20 stops and I have been going with 170 by myself and getting done around 6 -7. well tonight a driver that had a helper all day needed help guess who had to help with 30 stops by himself, yep that is me.

kingOFchester

well up until tonight its been ok. I have an apt. complex with about 300 apts. I have been dumping them in the of. garage and someone else delivers them. So far its been about 11 -20 stops and I have been going with 170 by myself and getting done around 6 -7. well tonight a driver that had a helper all day needed help guess who had to help with 30 stops by himself, yep that is me.

suck it up.....its part of the job........dont complain.....man up.....yadaa yadaa yadaa.

I hear you bro, and feel for ya.

Some would have you think that letting off some steam makes you less of a man. Or we didn't understand waht this job would entail.

UPSGUY72

I punch out around the same time as usual or a little earlier with 100 plus more stops then normal. Nothing like driving around all day and only having to get out of your package car a couple of dozen times.

Re-Raise

No helper for me. I lose most of my in town stops to the baseline route.

My miles go way up and my bulk goes down. My freshman daughter decided not to play basketball and just stick to volleyball and softball.

This has really taken a lot of pressure off me to try to make her games. It is amazing how much easier the job is when you don't care what time you get done.

No helper for me. I lose most of my in town stops to the baseline route.

My miles go way up and my bulk goes down. My freshman daughter decided not to play basketball and just stick to volleyball and softball.

This has really taken a lot of pressure off me to try to make her games. It is amazing how much easier the job is when you don't care what time you get done.
To bad everyone else can't get it to. It sets you free and puts it on them.

terrymac

Can all the feeder drivers get on board with me, and request helpers. adverseve weather, rolling up landing gear, checking seal controls, this stuff is killing my numbers. Looks like another big peak day in feeder, two boxes, one stop...

L

Loufan

I work part time and I got around 46 hours last week. Lots of overtime, it's pretty awesome. It's been a pretty bad 2 weeks with a new sup, but i'll put up with the crap as long as i'm getting some OT pay.

rod

Retired 22 years
I work part time and I got around 46 hours last week. Lots of overtime, it's pretty awesome. It's been a pretty bad 2 weeks with a new sup, but i'll put up with the crap as long as i'm getting some OT pay.

Make sure you keep track of your hours. UPS has been know to mess up a check or two around Christmas time.

kingOFchester

Make sure you keep track of your hours. UPS has been know to mess up a check or two around Christmas time.

Anyone know how many helpers UPS hires during peak?

I know that UPS, atleast my center and I am pretty sure it is company wide, they are cheatting the helpers out of 1 minute a day. If you have a helper from 10 to 1400 they put them down as 10 to 1359. Only about .14 cents they loose but could aDD UP TO about 15 to 20 dollars for total peak work. For someone who is making 8.50 that could help buy another christmas present for their family or what have you.....

But peak is great!! We love it!!

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your center is down 2 drivers at peak and you are still getting off at the same time you normally do? Sounds to me like you aren't doing your fair share of the extra work----but then again you have always said you look out for nobody but yourself.

Sounds to me like you don't know what you are talking about as usual.

I have averaged 180-185 stops this week with over 500 pkgs each day and, yes, part of that was extra work.

My first center manager told me that I needed to look out for myself as no one would it for me.

You remind me of Hugh from Ice Road Truckers.

For someone who is retired you do spend a lot of time on an Internet forum which is primarily for active UPS employees. Maybe it is time for you to move on to the second part of your life.

spif91

Can all the feeder drivers get on board with me, and request helpers. adverseve weather, rolling up landing gear, checking seal controls, this stuff is killing my numbers. Looks like another big peak day in feeder, two boxes, one stop...

Yeah I really miss the drop frame trailers with the hydraulic legs. Now we have to work so much harder manually rolling the legs down. Brutal during Peak.......

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds to me like you don't know what you are talking about as usual.

I have averaged 180-185 stops this week with over 500 pkgs each day and, yes, part of that was extra work.

My first center manager told me that I needed to look out for myself as no one would it for me.

You remind me of Hugh from Ice Road Truckers.

For someone who is retired you do spend a lot of time on an Internet forum which is primarily for active UPS employees. Maybe it is time for you to move on to the second part of your life.

No wonder you get off early if all they give you is 180 stops with a helper. Hows that "ignore list" working out for you? Quit your sniveling you bed wetter.

trouble maker

having to back a trailer on that has barn doors, and you can only open one. Then you have to pull it up and open the other one and back it on again really sucks. Too cold Brrrrr Brrrr.

I would think the second half of a retired UPS`ers life would include busting the chops of those still humping cardboard.