Peak volume up or down???

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Whaaa, whaaa, Whaaa! Volume is down, volume is down! I've been hearing that BS for umpteen years now and it's all nonsense. I have more stops than ever on that car and revenue is up every year. Nothing but more lies and BS, as usual. It does not suprise me, but please don't you buy in to the "Volume is down" fairy tale.
I also do not belive in Santa, Easter Bunny or that Jim Casey was hetero.

I don't know. Volume hasn't been up or down IMO. fairly steady. This is coming from CHEMA, so when I talk about volume I'm talking about all of NE. I noticed actually a bit lower volume on average over the past two months or so, despite back to school and halloween which is when volume picks up a bit. Overall just the same 'ole, which is probably what you're getting at. But of course the amount of stops on your truck has next to corrolation value with actual numbers and UPS as a whole.

outta hours

Somehow I just have to believe we won't be sitting around twiddling our thumbs the next few months! Recession, Wall Street collapse, whatever calamity happens, the big brown machine keeps chugging along!

Thank goodness for that. With so many layoffs and cutbacks going on in the country, it is nice to have the stability of a good paying job with good benefits. Without living in fear of a layoff,downsizing,merger,or being sold to another company and losing our jobs.

Some of you may consider it a curse to be working for big brown. And it does have it's negatives. But when you really look at the overall picture with all kidding aside, it is great company to work for. As for me I consider it a blessing, one that I am very thankful for.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Thank goodness for that. With so many layoffs and cutbacks going on in the country, it is nice to have the stability of a good paying job with good benefits. Without living in fear of a layoff,downsizing,merger,or being sold to another company and losing our jobs.

Some of you may consider it a curse to be working for big brown. And it does have it's negatives. But when you really look at the overall picture with all kidding aside, it is great company to work for. As for me I consider it a blessing, one that I am very thankful for.

It's funny you mention layoffs, because every night supervisors are sending home 4-5 people because volume is low and they're overstaffed for it. I'm asked almost every night of the week on my 2nd half if I want to go home. IT's hard not to run out of there like the roadrunner smiling, the only time you leave with a smile too.