Peak volume

Kis124

My hub built another building to handle our volume. We call out Christmas village. We are also starting before midnight on Wednesday on preload.

Kis124

What's the earliest preloaders have ever had to come in? We were told to come in at 2:45 on Monday, it's not goina be a good week.

We come in at 1am on Monday, 12midnight on Tuesday 11:50 Tuesday/Wednesday and a little after 1 Thurs and Fri

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What's the earliest preloaders have ever had to come in? We were told to come in at 2:45 on Monday, it's not goina be a good week.

We come in at 1am on Monday, 12midnight on Tuesday 11:50 Tuesday/Wednesday and a little after 1 Thurs and Fri
Hold the phone. Peak time or not....read your supplement. I don't know about yours...my supplement clearly states...whatever the posted start time is on Tueaday (say 1am)...that is the start time for the rest of that week. They can't say 1am Tueaday...and 2am on thursday and friday...assuming your supplement says the same as mine. Unless, the employees don't say anything and agree to start at the later time.

Find out ASAP....don't let them screw you out of OT!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That sucks for them....my supplement says the PTer must agree to be scheduled for an 8 hour shift...which I would never agree to. I'll gladly work my 9 hour shifts with no unpaid lunch breaks and OT after 5.
Yeah, when you are low on seniority and want hours guaranteed, you must sign the list. Although, they'd probably get the hours anyway...it's a way for UPS to control the bargaining.

watdaflock?

I remember some midnight report times last year so most likely will be even earlier this peak for me.

question-
What time does night sort usually get done in your hub?

Kis124

If you're asking me...I don't really know. I've been there 7 years and still don't pay attention to local sort. Only time I ever see them is when I cover the customer counter in the afternoon. But, I know car wash has to work around them

watdaflock?

Arrogant Bastard Ale do your thing....let me sleep for a few hours before I gotta be up around Midnight! (gettin' my drunj on...) Ya's gatta love a four+ hour shift in your sleep pattern in a weeks time.

Good times at UPS.
Considering volunteering for night sort and working through AM preload. Anyone do this?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Arrogant Bastard Ale do your thing....let me sleep for a few hours before I gotta be up around Midnight! (gettin' my drunj on...) Ya's gatta love a four+ hour shift in your sleep pattern in a weeks time.

Good times at UPS.
Considering volunteering for night sort and working through AM preload. Anyone do this?
If you agree to double shift....you can lose the right to OT after 5 and can get OT only after 8 hrs...depends on your supplement, of course.