Peak Was Great!! Everything is Wonderful!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With the impending loss of Amazon and the embarrassment which accompanies blowing a major account, FedEx Express is moving into full Damage Control mode. Remember how effed-up Peak was? Well, you are WRONG, because Peak 2013 was the best one ever! You are also dead-wrong about the dysfunction and massive turnover at Express, because it simply doesn't exist! Everyone is happy and nobody is quitting (in droves).

So, put on your happy face, iron those blue rags, and shine those worn-out black shoes, because you work for a GREAT company, the best ever, and make tons of money at a career you love.

We are all just too stupid to know how good we have it. FedEx never blows it, and Amazon is just telling lies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just keep taking it like the rest of us idiots. Just butter up the cherry and youll be just fine lol.

bbsam

Staff member
How about this. Peak was what it was and if Amazon or anybody else wasn't happy with the service under difficult circumstances, they are free to shop around and employ other options. But isn't that the case every day, every peak?

MAKAVELI

How about this. Peak was what it was and if Amazon or anybody else wasn't happy with the service under difficult circumstances, they are free to shop around and employ other options. But isn't that the case every day, every peak?
Be careful what you wish for.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That's always the case, but my point is that they are spray-painting the pile of :censored2: gold and hoping nobody notices. Peak was abysmal, and now there's fallout. This reminds me of the TEPCO management telling everyone that things were "under control" at Fukushima.

bbsam

Staff member
That's always the case, but my point is that they are spray-painting the pile of :censored2: gold and hoping nobody notices. Peak was abysmal, and now there's fallout. This reminds me of the TEPCO management telling everyone that things were "under control" at Fukushima.
Who do you think is listening to them? Every shipper knows whether company X, Y, or Z is giving them adequate service without reading propaganda.

FedExRookie

Who do you think is listening to them? Every shipper knows whether company X, Y, or Z is giving them adequate service without reading propaganda.

exactly, if Fedex ships my package 5 days late, I'm not going to believe they delivered on time b/c of something the PR department said. This is just Mr. FedEx going on a rant full of hyperboles.

Name a peak that went smoothly? Almost none.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Peak 2015 will be the next "carrier friendly" Peak as both Christmas and New Years Day are on Friday, giving us a 3 and 4 day weekend, respectively. Thanksgiving is also earlier that year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

That's right. Amazon could dump us and UPS tomorrow and go with Purolator.

I mean, Airborne Express.

No, wait. DHL.

Emery, maybe?
Or actually start up their own delivery company. It's arrogance like yours and Fred S that companies like Amazon love.

vantexan

Yes, FedEx employees in 1990 were secure in their belief that FedEx would always be on top, that their future was bright. There was nothing out there that could really challenge that. Who knew their biggest concern would be the company itself? And now that the company is so profit driven at the expense of everything else is it any wonder that major shipping companies like Amazon are looking at alternatives? They can see the rising profits at FedEx and know they're the ones paying for it. Some say Amazon will find out it isn't easy to take over the FedEx role with their own fleet. But Amazon can do something with many of their shipments FedEx can't do. They can deliver same day, increasing customer satisfaction. And they can transfer some of that FedEx profit directly to their coffers. FedEx has already demonstrated that there are plenty of people willing to do this job for $14-$16hr with no benefits so why not have their own drivers? They already have the buildings. They don't have the overhead of maintaining stations, ramps, front counters, tractor trailers, jets, etc. Customers call in their orders. And if you are familiar with Amazon you know they partner with companies who have products that they might not carry in their own distribution centers. That company will take care of shipping that item. Amazon is a very successful company that like other big companies uses consultants who lay out what's feasible. FedEx should be concerned and UPS with it's high overhead should be very concerned.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What kind of company would Amazon be right now without the "arrogance" of the people who run FedEx and UPS?

One that can get it's products to it's customers as-promised. Nice to see you worship at the altar of Mr.Smith...perhaps you need to reconsider "gods".

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yes, FedEx employees in 1990 were secure in their belief that FedEx would always be on top, that their future was bright. There was nothing out there that could really challenge that. Who knew their biggest concern would be the company itself? And now that the company is so profit driven at the expense of everything else is it any wonder that major shipping companies like Amazon are looking at alternatives? They can see the rising profits at FedEx and know they're the ones paying for it. Some say Amazon will find out it isn't easy to take over the FedEx role with their own fleet. But Amazon can do something with many of their shipments FedEx can't do. They can deliver same day, increasing customer satisfaction. And they can transfer some of that FedEx profit directly to their coffers. FedEx has already demonstrated that there are plenty of people willing to do this job for $14-$16hr with no benefits so why not have their own drivers? They already have the buildings. They don't have the overhead of maintaining stations, ramps, front counters, tractor trailers, jets, etc. Customers call in their orders. And if you are familiar with Amazon you know they partner with companies who have products that they might not carry in their own distribution centers. That company will take care of shipping that item. Amazon is a very successful company that like other big companies uses consultants who lay out what's feasible. FedEx should be concerned and UPS with it's high overhead should be very concerned.

The only thing you're missing is that nobody wants to pay for anything to be shipped, not even me. So, I highly doubt Amazon is gonna make any money with same day shipping once they tell the customer how much same day shipping will cost.

Why do you think so many people have Amazon prime?

MAKAVELI

The only thing you're missing is that nobody wants to pay for anything to be shipped, not even me. So, I highly doubt Amazon is gonna make any money with same day shipping once they tell the customer how much same day shipping will cost.

They could charge extra for same day or a platinum prime membership which includes same day on a limited number of shipments. The bottom line is would it be easy? Definitely not. Is it possible? Without a doubt. Amazon has two things going for it that FedEx didn't when it started. Money and investors.

vantexan

You might be right about that but where does Amazon get the money to pay FedEx? If they can provide the same service without the overhead FedEx has then might they not make a go of it, assuming they pay similar to Ground with no benefits? I think SPH may be on to something with the premium.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One that can get it's products to it's customers as-promised. Nice to see you worship at the altar of Mr.Smith...perhaps you need to reconsider "gods".

Hmmm. So without FedEx and UPS, Amazon would have been able to become what it is now.

Teleportation, perhaps?