Peak will be a total disaster

What kills me is we have a lot of "fresh newbies" (hired off the street) on PM routes this year and will be their first year of peak. My complaint now is they will call dispatch to get help with 10 pcs just because they have no more "shelf" room.. This kills me now as I'm a swing usually on flex and will bail them out. When peak hits, its gonna be ugly for them and will more than likely quit. Anyone else feel the same way?

serco

What will make peak this year any different than last? Am i missing the projection, or is this the new way of projecting peak, by just asumming is gonna suck?

dezguy

Meh, I take out what the stop count sheet tells me to take out; No more, no less. They'll force me to work an extra hour a day but that will be it and I will be giving the bare minimum of 12 sph for that hour.

l22

What kills me is we have a lot of "fresh newbies" (hired off the street) on PM routes this year and will be their first year of peak. My complaint now is they will call dispatch to get help with 10 pcs just because they have no more "shelf" room.. This kills me now as I'm a swing usually on flex and will bail them out. When peak hits, its gonna be ugly for them and will more than likely quit. Anyone else feel the same way?

Who gives a shi*t? Sounds like you're getting emotional about this work. Turn off your brain (except when it comes to safety) and WAD.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Man up and stop whining about peak!

200.gif

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Do you have anything constructive or interesting to say or are you going to be your usual disgruntled jack-wagon?
Well your patter isn't exactly pearls of wisdom (I suceeded, I don't like to do the hard work etc.) all gets old and old fast.

Hardly the quality one would expect from a moderator.