peak

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I don't sign OJS's. You don't have to. You can't be instructed to. Whatever comments and numbers are on that paper are just semantics, you do your job safely and properly with UPS methods, you'll never have a problem.

I think I knew I didn't have to sign 'em. It kept the suits happy, which at the time was all I cared about. Then again.....I was known to tell a suit to stuff it when I felt particularly insulted. When I was working in Illinois, I had a security supe (I'll call him Bozo) come around and do a package handling audit on me. At the time, I was sorting on a different area, an unloader I'd never worked with before and getting my A&% handed to me--in spades! Anyway....Bozo had the cajones to come up and do this package handling audit on me. I saw him coming but paid him no mind. When he turned the clipboard for me to sign, I asked what I was signing for. He said, "A package handling audit." I shrugged and asked where I was. He tapped his finger on the line and I traced it back to where he'd written in 40% (handled correctly). I didn't think the number was right and checked it again. I grunted, almost threw his clipboard back at him and said, "I'm not signing that! That's inaccurate! I don't sign inaccurate, let alone insulting pieces of paperwork. I'm busting my A&% up here! Audit these other sorters and come back if you still want me to sign that. In the meantime, RTS it. If that's a problem, get my full-timer up here!" He was flabbergasted and babbled something about customer service, quality of work, etc, etc. I ignored him. Never heard a word about it from anyone. Two weeks later, I saw him coming back. I thought to myself, "Terrific. Round 2, Bozo?" He audited me again, all right. He turned the clipboard to me and it said 85% (handled correctly). I said, "85%? C'mon." He flashed a Cheshire cat smile and said, "Yeah. That's because I know you can do better." I didn't like it but signed it. I couldn't resist, "Ya saw I was right, didn't ya?" His face contorted and he beat a very, very hasty retreat. I didn't have another problem with Bozo (or any other poorly conducted audit). -Rocky

I'm a helper and use a DIAD 3 on the commercial stops, which helps my driver and I deliver to 2 stops at a time, I normally get in around 30 stops in the board, and then when we hit the resi portion of the route, the DIAD 3 goes away, and my driver just uses the DIAD 4, I run up the package, and my driver either gets the next one ready, or will run some others if there are 2 or more close stops. My driver also just punches me in and out using the DIAD 4.

Works well for us, though sometimes too well. Especially when they see how fast we're going, and either give us more stops from another route the next day, or we have to take some stops off another driver.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Works well for us, though sometimes too well. Especially when they see how fast we're going, and either give us more stops from another route the next day, or we have to take some stops off another driver.

Yeah, that's what happened to my driver and I last year. After our blizzards a year ago, we were CLEAN when the driver went back to the Hub on Saturday. After that, it was just delayed stuff. In any event, we were done with our stuff by a very respectable hour the day after Christmas. He messaged the center and they ended up sending BOTH of us to help a driver when it was just me who wanted the time. We took 30 stops off a driver. We did 'em all. I found out that those 30 packages were a week late when a lady at a house told me they were due to arrive the day of the blizzard. She wasn't happy and just wanted to vent to somebody. She calmed down considerably when I told her I was a temp and was supposed to have been released on Friday. -Rocky

brown bomber

brown bomber
in my center I have refused to you use a helper, along w/ several other drivers....until MGT can explain that "they" have indicated the board is to be used and the reasoning behind it, myself and several others will opt out of this inconvenience

FromBluetoBrown

I think I knew I didn't have to sign 'em. It kept the suits happy, which at the time was all I cared about. Then again.....I was known to tell a suit to stuff it when I felt particularly insulted. When I was working in Illinois, I had a security supe (I'll call him Bozo) come around and do a package handling audit on me. At the time, I was sorting on a different area, an unloader I'd never worked with before and getting my A&% handed to me--in spades! Anyway....Bozo had the cajones to come up and do this package handling audit on me. I saw him coming but paid him no mind. When he turned the clipboard for me to sign, I asked what I was signing for. He said, "A package handling audit." I shrugged and asked where I was. He tapped his finger on the line and I traced it back to where he'd written in 40% (handled correctly). I didn't think the number was right and checked it again. I grunted, almost threw his clipboard back at him and said, "I'm not signing that! That's inaccurate! I don't sign inaccurate, let alone insulting pieces of paperwork. I'm busting my A&% up here! Audit these other sorters and come back if you still want me to sign that. In the meantime, RTS it. If that's a problem, get my full-timer up here!" He was flabbergasted and babbled something about customer service, quality of work, etc, etc. I ignored him. Never heard a word about it from anyone. Two weeks later, I saw him coming back. I thought to myself, "Terrific. Round 2, Bozo?" He audited me again, all right. He turned the clipboard to me and it said 85% (handled correctly). I said, "85%? C'mon." He flashed a Cheshire cat smile and said, "Yeah. That's because I know you can do better." I didn't like it but signed it. I couldn't resist, "Ya saw I was right, didn't ya?" His face contorted and he beat a very, very hasty retreat. I didn't have another problem with Bozo (or any other poorly conducted audit). -Rocky

The preload sup had the nerve to come and scream at me last summer because it was 815 and there were still packages in my bins which were empty all night. The reason there were packages in the bins was because the sort aisle was still sorting. I throw a box at him and told him to "Get the *bad word deleted* out of my face or I was going to clock out and never come back". Never had a problem with him again. Now he screams at the sorters before he even thinks about coming down to my area.

tellie12

Hello. I have a question regarding the UPS driver helper position during the holidays. After you apply for the position do you go in for an orientation? And when do they begin calling during december and when do they end in december?

thanks.

DS

Fenderbender
I just checked out my paycheque for tomorrow. I WORKED 67 HOURS LAST WEEK!!!

I win.
Wow thats illegal isn't it? I did almost 56 and it was plenty.
let me guess how much you cleared....hmmm....$1,340?
I'd be sleeping now if I did that many hours.

I wonder if they have a record for furthest under allowed (-7.44, 12/18/01). Yeah, I still have the print out from that day. Probably not a "stat" they want getting out there :).