Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by I Am Jacks Damaged Box, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member going to be a disaster this year.

And I will leave it at that.
  2. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

The 70 hour weeks are brutal. But it's hard to complain with the checks during that month...
  3. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I'm not worried about nuthin'
  4. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

You can have it!! Rather be with my family than out there delivering in the dark. Have fun and enjoy your checks...
  5. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Haha what you don't realize is that peak at ground ends the week before Christmas... Technically it runs up until Christmas but the volume subsides the week up to the holiday. And with so many closures on Christmas Eve I've never been out later than 5...

With all that xs volume ill buy an extra Christmas ham this year...
  6. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Welcome to the NEW GROUND!!! Enjoy....
  7. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I'll buy a new Mustang.
  8. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

I'll take that OT. I need a pile of extra cash to drown my sorrows in when I inevitably get phone calls from people claiming that I ruined their christmas.
  9. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

So now you change your mind? I thought you were going to get a Camaro? At least make sure it a Boss if you do go pony...Laguna Seca if you can swing it!
  11. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Oooh, Aaaah!!
  12. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

We haven't had a real peak for maybe 3 years. Everyone has caught on to using ground in November and most of December. Peak For EX starts the week of Christmas. I remember the old days, working close to 60 hours a week and Uncle Sam raping my paycheck because OT seems to be a luxury and taxed as such. Peak is just a regular work week now a days and the only thing that's stayed the same is having to work Saturdays. I no longer hate Christmas :happy-very:.
  13. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Hell, forget the Mustang. He can buy an Aston-Martin and pretend he's James our expense.
  14. bbsam

I have simple tastes and wouldn't want to be seen as spiking the ball...too nuch.
  15. bbsam

Camaroes are ok, but I'm a Ford guy at heart.
  16. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Time for a European luxury sports car.
    Maybe just after peak.