Pedestrian killed

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gwood, Feb 24, 2010.

1. gwood

gwood New Member

A 22 year old man was struck and killed Tuesday morning on I81 near Hagerstown,MD when he apparently walked directly into the path of a UPS tractor-trailer. The accident was reported at 4:31AM. The young man was wearing all dark clothing. The UPS driver stopped immediately and was not injured. Please keep this driver from Enola, PA in your thoughts and prayers.
  2. User Name

User Name Only 230 Today?? lol

nothing ever good happens at that time of day.....
  3. feederdriver06

feederdriver06 former monkey slave

Sad for everyone involved. The driver probably didn't feel much of an impact. Now I have to wonder if it was a suicide. Either way just a terrible event. :(
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

That was my first thought as well. Suicide by truck?
  5. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Well-Known Member

I think you are right. The sad part is that even though it wasn't the drivers fault, he will live with this for the rest of his life. Definitely not fair thing to do to put another person thru your suicide attempt.
  6. downtowner

downtowner New Member

Maybe it was not suicide. Whatever happened, I'm absolutely sure hundreds of lives are directly affected.
  7. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

I do find the obit on the pedestrian interesting.

Enjoyed modifying cars.

Some might think carjacking or stripping to be modifications.

That also might explain dark clothes, and out at 4AM.

Like I said, interesting obit.

One thing for sure, you get hit by one of the big trucks, its pretty much over pretty fast.

8. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Tragic event.
    The driver will have to live with the mental image of the impact, and the aftermath.
    My sincere prayers are with him.
    I have no clue if it was intentional suicide, but I do know it is suicidal to cross a Highway without looking for on coming headlights.