pee pee breaks

Coldworld

60 months and counting
over, how about someone who takes 25 minutes to take a crap. would you put this down as break. Shlt,(no pun intended) if you asked 10 management people if you need to take pee breaks out of personal time, they almost all would say yes. I agree with you, its absolutely pathetic and over the top but so is almost everything else this company expects from us. Im still amazed how after 100 years ups hasnt figured out the most basic concept of business. "If you treat your employees with a LITTLE respect and dignity, then they will almost always do the same in return. It is a miracle that with the micromanaging and absolute dictatorship type enviroment we ALL work in, that ups is still around.

HazMatMan

If it takes someone 25 minutes to take a crap, they either fell asleep or need to go see a doctor, or stop eating so much. lol.:laugh:

SmithBarney

If they are concerned about your time, start messaging them for everything
from bad loading, mis loads, misshelfed, multi stops at same stop for misloaded bulk... improper hazmat loading, etc... bathroom stops if you think.

I was once approached as to why it took me so much longer than the "regular" guy I tried to explain, but then I just said, I'll send you a message about the problems I encounter with the load... at about noon, they told me to stop messaging in problems.. I was wasting time.. I never heard a word about my time on route again...

browniehound

This is my opinion on the bathroom visits. If you're simply taking a pee while you're at an office building you deliver to, then it is defintely on company time.

If, however, you need to do number 2 and you want to do it in your favorite, clean, with no disruption bathroom on your route, and you need to drive 5 or 10 minutes to get there, I will deduct this time from my break or lunch. Its only fair.

Lets face it. We all know of the bathrooms that we don't want to take a crap in, but all of us have that 1 bathroom that is the holy grail of bathrooms to take a crap in.

Its funny, because the postman clued me on the best place on my route to do it. Its a new apartment building (luxury to boot) and the model apartment is open for us delivery guys to use the toilet. All you have to do is say hi to the property manager and you can go into this model apartment, lock the outside door, and then lock the bathroom door and I have more privacy than I do at my own house. Its a beautiful thing:thumbup1: