Peeved.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I hate it when I take an add at its face, and it is a lie. I went to a 1 hour eyeglass place today, where lenses were advertised at 59, plus 39 for progressive lenses. So why did my bill total 585.00> I left.
They said they took my insurance, they didnt. They took it for my exam, but not for my glasses.
Not like I waited til the last minute or anything, today is the last day of my vaca. And I could not get glass, and I want glass, especially if I am going to pay more for it than some cars I have had and driven them for yrs, into the ground.
I went to an online store and got my hubbys for 100, to my door. Ill let you know how that goes.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Vision Discounts

The Aetna Vision[SUP]SM[/SUP] discount program helps you save on eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses and solutions, LASIK, and more. Best of all, it's automatically included with your Aetna health benefits plan and health insurance plan, so you don't pay extra to get the program.
We've contracted with EyeMed Vision Care to bring you a broad network of eye care providers including Pearle Vision®, LensCrafters®, JCPenney®Optical, Target Optical® and participating Sears Optical® locations. In addition, thousands of independent eye care providers are available. Most participating locations have doctors of optometry practicing right on the premises or at a nearby location. Even if you don't have eye exam coverage through your health benefits plan, you can still get a great rate on eye exams for eyeglasses or contact lenses.

Does your plan include eye exam coverage or an allowance for frames and lenses? The Aetna Vision discount program is a great way to supplement your insurance coverage. Covered eye exams and materials are available at most participating locations. But remember -- check your plan requirements first.

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
$140 for a sturdy pair that I can wear at work. I love the ones without frames and have a couple pairs, but can't wear them at work. So, I got a nice pair at Pearle. They give 30% discount to teamsters. You don't have to show anything, just mention it.

Alleycar

I just go to the eye doctor I deliver to. they take my insurance and I generally pay less than 100 bucks for my glasses. My kid's glasses are totally covered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just had my annual eye exam. Updated the lenses on both pair of glasses. Union paid for the exam and first set of lenses--I paid out of pocket (with a 25% discount) for the second ($225).