Pension after 25, 30 or 35 years?

Theoneandonly24

Hello, I recently got promoted to a fulltime PC driver in the NJ area and I keep hearing senior drivers saying work 25 years and retire. But I looked at the High lights from the most recent contract and under the Pension changes I only see 30 or 35 years of service pension options, So are the drivers wrong? You cant retire until you work atleast 30 years? And another question, you get 1 year credit towards your pension if you work 2080 hours for the year. Does that mean 2080 hours of regular hours or can I add my OT hours into that? Thanks!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1464536919.479015.jpg

Bad Gas!

1801 hours equals 1 fulltime pension year. ot hours count...you have a long way to go. Just shoot for year 2 now..1 at a time..

trickpony1

I'm surprised Dave hasn't jumped in here.

It's my understanding that OT hours DON'T count towards a pension year.....only your straight time hours count.

rod

Retired 22 years
No one retires at 25 years. Many say they will but none do. (unless they didn't start at UPS until they were 40). Does the Teamsters even have a 25 and out program anymore?

By The Book

No one retires at 25 years. Many say they will but none do. (unless they didn't start at UPS until they were 40). Does the Teamsters even have a 25 and out program anymore?
The west has a service pension of 80. Add your age and years of service, so a 30 year old employee , when hired could work 25 years and retire at age 55.

Last edited:

The Milkman

I started at age 30, as soon as I hit 55 I was out of there. I feel for those who started at a younger age and had to put in more years

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I was hired at 28 years old and retired just over a year ago after 25 1/2 years. It just depends on where you're located and which agreement you have in that area.