Pension for Management

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Brown Stud, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Brown Stud

Brown Stud Guest

With the Teamster Pension being enhanced will UPS also improve their Management Pension ?.....Will it be the same as the best Teamster or Mechanic Pension ?.....

2. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Well-Known Member

Thanks, I needed a laugh....:lol:

3. hangin455

hangin455 Member

Stud
    It'd be nice if they did something but they've been screwing Mgmt for a while now and don't think that's likely to change.

4. wyobill

wyobill New Member

Enhanced Really????

5. SimpleUPSer

SimpleUPSer New Member

What about the new Envision strategy for UPS management? Ehancements to the total management compensation system are coming!

6. bad company

bad company semi-pro

For those of us who are not in the loop, could you please elaborate on this? Thanks.

7. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

"For those of us who are not in the loop, could you please elaborate on this? Thanks."

If it is announced to the public, then the information could be posted here. If it is not in the public domain, it should not be posted here. As a shareholder, do you not agree?

8. SimpleUPSer

SimpleUPSer New Member

Sorry, thought many folks new what it was. There is information out at UPSers.com. Management and I believe the non-union hourly participated in a survey earlier this year and this is the culmination of all of the information they gathered. Here is the description from UPSers.com

envision – Your Life | Your UPS is the overarching theme that encompasses the total employee experience – your pay, your benefits, your career, and your work environment.

It is our investment in each and every UPSer. We're taking a holistic look at the employee experience at UPS, UPSers’ total experience — both personally and professionally. As our business continues to evolve, our approach to engaging employees must keep pace. You are the difference maker for our customers and for UPS's continued success.
    envision – Your Life | Your UPS encourages you to build upon what you have experienced in the past or are experiencing today, and illustrates the possibilities and potential of your UPS employee experience.

Not much more than that as of yet. My understanding is that they are still making decisions on what/how to roll things out.

9. tieguy

tieguy Banned

I hope the rumors of a pension buy at the rumored formula are true.

10. I'm sure they decided EXACTLY what they were going to do way before that silly survey went out.

11. hangin455

hangin455 Member

Agree! I think the "results" of the survey are going to "reflect" what "we" asked for.....and they're gonaa give it to us....

12. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

envision – Your Life | Your UPS is the overarching theme that encompasses the total employee experience – your pay, your benefits, your career, and your work environment.

It is our investment in each and every UPSer. We're taking a holistic look at the employee experience at UPS, UPSers’ total experience — both personally and professionally. As our business continues to evolve, our approach to engaging employees must keep pace. You are the difference maker for our customers and for UPS's continued success.
    envision – Your Life | Your UPS encourages you to build upon what you have experienced in the past or are experiencing today, and illustrates the possibilities and potential of your UPS employee experience.

Sounds to me like UPS is trying to dangle a carrot in front of all the younger disgruntled management folks to keep them from leaving. JMO

13. pretzel_man

pretzel_man Well-Known Member

There is an Envision presentation that goes into more detail.

There was no promise of increasing benefits. What they alluded to was that benefits may be more taylored to indivuduals, and that they are trying to listen to what people want rather than just making a decision.

They stressed that people should log onto UPSers.Com to give feedback.

I'll bet that individual pension will come (at least as an option).

P-Man

14. nhguy

nhguy New Member

Tie,

What's The Formula That You Are Hearing? There Is No Doubt That Many Changes Are Coming Soon. Timing And How They Implement These Changes Will Be The Key!

Remember The Big Fish Always Eats The Little Ones!

15. brownblood

brownblood New Member

Yes Tie...could you share the forumla???
    Thanks

16. Brown Stud

Brown Stud Guest

.....When UPS used the terms "holistic" & "enhanced" it seems they mean that the supervisors & managers will be again getting the Big Brown Shaft !!!.......Will there be an UPSide to all this ?.......

17. brownblood

brownblood New Member