Pension questions

oldngray

nowhere special
Thats why I stuff my 401k! I don't drink swill.

You will drink swill and like it!
Swill-beer.jpg

Legitimyze

Options? What options...as a PTer...you won't be vested in a pension for 5 years. Like IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U already said, come back and ask again in a few years!

Or I can ask now like I just did, why are people on here so offended by questions?

And yes options, like what I am going to do in 5-10 years from now. Do I want to stay with UPS, what will it be like for me when I retire if I stay part time forever, or if I get full time driving sometime. I want to be aware of some things so I can make better decisions.

Legitimyze

Chances are, you won't be at UPS in a year, let alone 5-10 years. We all answered your questions...sorry you didn't like the answers...can't help ya there!!

I did like the answers that were actually informative, the majority were not and were off topic. I may or may not be here after a year. In my current mindset, I believe I will be. Its worth it for me just for the insurance.

Ms.PacMan

Nobody can answer any of your questions without knowing where you are at and/or what contract supplement you are working under.

Packmule

Here part time years count at approximately half a fulltme year when the participant goes full time. Take me. Spent five years part time and union. Have now been full time 32 years. If I retired today, it would add up to 34 and a half full time pension.
FYI, I am also under the new UPS/IBT plan as well as the old Central States so I will get two checks after age 65 unless CS goes belly up. Then everything stays UPS/IBT.

Z

ZQXC

So I've been at ups like 30 years. Should I stay?

Do you think the sandwiches in the vending machine are OK to eat? They look pretty old.

If I need a Band-Aid at work, will someone bring it to me?

Hope these haven't been asked before.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I've been at ups like 30 years. Should I stay?

Do you think the sandwiches in the vending machine are OK to eat? They look pretty old.

If I need a Band-Aid at work, will someone bring it to me?

Hope these haven't been asked before.
You forgot to ask about brown socks..lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've still got unis in my closet. Just never got around to turning them in. If they want them, they know where I live. Or if they really want them, I can send them in with my son. He still works there.

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought I got rid of all of my uniforms but months after I retired I found more buried in the back of a closet. Its amazing how many uniforms you accumulate over the years.