Pension rumors?

UPS1907

Is anyone at UPS hearing about UPS taking the management pension and paying them off? Talk about a greedy grab. This would be a new low.

BURMDPsupe

If that happened, I'd be gone.

Would that be part of a "master plan?" What if a quarter of the seasoned management folks left if the pension was dissolved? UPS would benefit by hiring new management folks off the street at a reduced salary. Technology alone will not run this company...experience is often overlooked.

M-

UPS1907

If that happened, I'd be gone.

Would that be part of a "master plan?" What if a quarter of the seasoned management folks left if the pension was dissolved? UPS would benefit by hiring new management folks off the street at a reduced salary. Technology alone will not run this company...experience is often overlooked.

M-

I agree. What better way to get rid high paid management. People under like 34 don't get a pension anyway, so they'll stay. Everyone else will be a free for all. Of course, don't forget about the RSU's management will leave on the table if they all try to leave. UPS has thought this out and no matter what THEY WIN.

airops

Wasn't it the Total Rewards website that told us what UPS thought our pension was worth? I can't locate it on the site.

upscorpis

If they offered this, they would exclude 20/29. :angry:

I know a whole bunch of talented folks that only stay because of the pension. There are good, name brand, stable companies larger than UPS that are sniffing around all the time. Some are even willing to make up 100% for the loss of deferred compensation. The only thing they cannot match or make up is the pension. If that were to go, the floodgates would be open.

2BOver

I ran this rumor past my financial guy, who has several high level clients in Atlanta, and he said that he had been hearing this rumor for the last few years.......and it was just that - a rumor.

upsoldtimer

While it indeed may be a rumor, I always thought it interesting that when the Total Rewards portal went online that the current cash value of one's pension became available. I can understand displaying that info for those who are not grandfathered into the regular pension, but it is also visible to those who are grandfathered....go figure....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I ran this rumor past my financial guy, who has several high level clients in Atlanta, and he said that he had been hearing this rumor for the last few years.......and it was just that - a rumor.

Tell Mr Obvious "Thanks for clearing that up."