Pension rumors?

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by UPS1907, Feb 21, 2013.

1. UPS1907

UPS1907 Member

Is anyone at UPS hearing about UPS taking the management pension and paying them off? Talk about a greedy grab. This would be a new low.

2. airops

airops Member

Would it surprise anyone?

3. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat Well-Known Member

1 word.... NO.. But to make you feel better, I'm sure Scott will earn another million by taking this away from mgmt.. Thanks D. Scott

4. upscorpis

upscorpis New Member

If that happened, I'd be gone.

5. BURMDPsupe

BURMDPsupe Member

Would that be part of a "master plan?" What if a quarter of the seasoned management folks left if the pension was dissolved? UPS would benefit by hiring new management folks off the street at a reduced salary. Technology alone will not run this company...experience is often overlooked.

M-

6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

If they offered this, they would exclude 20/29. :angry:

7. seagull4

seagull4 New Member

20/29 What does that stand for ?

8. UPS1907

UPS1907 Member

I agree. What better way to get rid high paid management. People under like 34 don't get a pension anyway, so they'll stay. Everyone else will be a free for all. Of course, don't forget about the RSU's management will leave on the table if they all try to leave. UPS has thought this out and no matter what THEY WIN.

9. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

Corp IS geeks

10. airops

airops Member

Wasn't it the Total Rewards website that told us what UPS thought our pension was worth? I can't locate it on the site.

11. upscorpis

upscorpis New Member

I know a whole bunch of talented folks that only stay because of the pension. There are good, name brand, stable companies larger than UPS that are sniffing around all the time. Some are even willing to make up 100% for the loss of deferred compensation. The only thing they cannot match or make up is the pension. If that were to go, the floodgates would be open.

12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I wish they would realize how important a good manager is. Seriously.

13. serenity now

serenity now Guest

manager is so yesterday * now we have call takers * sir, yes sir; i will cut 3 routes

14. Monkey Butt

20 is the Region and 29 is the district.

This is the Information Services group.

None are in Corporate BTW.

15. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You guys should negotiate this into your next contract.

16. 2BOver

2BOver New Member

I ran this rumor past my financial guy, who has several high level clients in Atlanta, and he said that he had been hearing this rumor for the last few years.......and it was just that - a rumor.

17. upsoldtimer

upsoldtimer Member

While it indeed may be a rumor, I always thought it interesting that when the Total Rewards portal went online that the current cash value of one's pension became available. I can understand displaying that info for those who are not grandfathered into the regular pension, but it is also visible to those who are grandfathered....go figure....

18. Monkey Butt

Tell Mr Obvious "Thanks for clearing that up."

19. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

20. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

Lol so true. Some manger's and sup's in my bldg. can't break them selves out of a wet paper bag.