Pension statements, are they accurate?

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by By The Book, Jul 26, 2015.

1. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I've been hearing that the pension statements that are mailed to you each year are not right. The last two statements for 2013/2014 are not accurate. These two years are incorrect due to the fact the contract was not ratified by August 1,2013. Your thoughts and have any of you crunched the numbers to verify.

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I can check mine online. Shows that UPS paid the required amount each week.

3. I get mine every April.. They have been correct so far.

4. By The Book

I've noticed that the contribution rates are not reflective of the new negotiated rates for August of 2013. I think this is because of the extension of the contract. This in turn will cause your annual amount to be wrong. It shows they paid the correct amount of hours but the rates are not right.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The differences are negligible.

6. By The Book

Are your statements for these two years correct? I would feel better having a corrected copy.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

Mine is a Teamster plan.

8. By The Book

I don't remember asking that.......but ok. My intention of this thread is to bring awareness to everyone to check their statements. The statements that should be checked are the 2013/2014 ones.

9. tracker2762

tracker2762 Active Member

We just had a driver return to work after being "retired" for a month to make up the difference.

10. Upslady20

Upslady20 Member

How do you retire and then come back??

11. Brownie on wheels

Brownie on wheels New Member

How do you get your statements in the mail? Is there somewhere to sign up for it?

12. UpstateNYUPSer

As long as you have not used up all of your personal time you can change your mind and come back.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

The mailman brings them.

Yes.

14. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

out here you have 90 days to change your mind. even if you get pension check you can go back to work but have to pay money back.

when you have your pension interview you can ask all these questions.