pension

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by barrycold, Jul 11, 2008.

1. barrycold

barrycold New Member

how does it work?

2. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

you work x number of hours each year, then you collect at x age whatever amount . depending on the hours you worked each year, the amount of pension credit you get. part time is roughly half unless you recieved alot more hours than the usual 3-5hr shift. Some part-timers worked full-time for many years before '97. Some regions might differ with their pension setup. This region is all by hours per year = 1-12 credits. What more do you want to know?

3. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

You start work one day. 30 years later, you quit work one day. The next day, you collect pension. Two weeks later, you die.

4. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

No, you die after six years of retirement. I read somewhere that the average man who retires will die six years after.

5. CBUK

CBUK Member

Theres something to look forward to!:sad-little:

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Thanks for the cheery note to start my weekend.

7. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

How long after retirement does the average woman die?

8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

That depends on how much money her husband left her.:funny:

9. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

That does it, I'm never retiring. I'll just quit and let them send me retirement checks, cuz they are soooo generous.

10. Tony31yrs

Tony31yrs New Member

I'm two years retired and loving it. I keep active with hobbies and travel and I'm getting paid for it! I am making just a little less than when I was working. Every first of the month there is another pension check in my bank account. If I'm going to die, at least I'll die happy.

P.S. I know a lot of drivers that are retired a lot longer than 6 years.

11. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

They must be single. Thats my plan when i retire from ups, leave the wife, instantly my life will be stress free.

12. brownman15

brownman15 New Member

she might read this and dump u first. lol

13. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

And get half of your pension check.

14. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Thats why you need to learn the mechanics of working on your wife`s brakes. Alimony,schalimony. A turn of the wrench and you single again.