Pensive about Pence

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can see him in 4 or 8 yrs running for President .
Yeah, exactly.
I think the Democrats missed an opportunity to attack his selection as VP.
I imagine quite a few more of the Independent swing voters would have voted for Hillary if the Dems had drummed up his offensiveness to a lot of people.

newfie

Yeah, exactly.
I think the Democrats missed an opportunity to attack his selection as VP.
I imagine quite a few more of the Independent swing voters would have voted for Hillary if the Dems had drummed up his offensiveness to a lot of people.

I think I would worry more about someone like Pence if I thought he had the charisma to go far. Todays voters will never vote for someone like him in the top job. too vanilla

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Pridefest, the largest LGBT music showcase/festival in North America, is this weekend in Milwaukee.
Pence is coming to Milwaukee Saturday.

Think he will attend?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think I would worry more about someone like Pence if I thought he had the charisma to go far. Todays voters will never vote for someone like him in the top job. too vanilla
No doubt, we're in a post rational political climate at this point. Reality TV personalities from here on out.

oldngray

nowhere special
Some old trumpflake with too much free time?
Trunp wrong.GIF

wkmac

I'm more worried about our next VP than our next Pres.
He seems like someone unfrozen from the 1950's.
Long live Trump!
:teacher:

More than Pence, I worry about Sessions who I hear thinks he is Harry Anslinger and J. Edgar Hoover reincarnated.

His actions alone gives merit to that rumor.

Pence and Sessions to me speaks volumes about Trumps real MO.

wkmac

you would probably have to give some details as to your paranoia so we could better understand your fears.
Trump campaigned that the issue of cannabis he had no interest in and that he would leave that to local or state concerns to address which is the limited govt constitution approach. Awesome, good for him.

Once elected however he appoints Harry Anslinger Jr. Sessions who is a hardcore drug war hawk which contradicts everything he said on this issue in the campaign.

He also said he would scale back the military interventionism and some Obama voters voted Trump for this as they knew Hillary to be a cold war, interventionist war hawk. Imo she is a crazy bitch. Contrary to your ad homs of me.

Trump was right in much of that campaign message. But once in office that message was flushed and Trump has picked up the war hawk ball and run with it. Once again what he said and what he does do not aline. At least so far he has avoided Russia and regardless of red scare democrats, I'm glad that is mostly the case. I do think NK could be a political diversion but that's another topic.

If you want to say conditions for Trump changed, so be that but then this suggests he's not as well thought out to other probabilities and may be limited in scope to larger thinking. He is also horrible at restraint, social media a good example. He would serve himself better if his mommie grounded him from the computer.

I know Obama said what he had to say just to get elected, just fool em, his MO but why should I give Trump as pass when I see him in effect do the same thing?

Last edited: