people apparently panicking over the rentals

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Up until the snow we got today, it actually hasn't been that bad. Dispatches are obviously up a little bit. But nothing like 2013.
Exactly. I think there's some spotty places that we are struggling but not widespread.

The mistake I think ups made was thinking oh we had no problems for 2014 everyone will forget 2013. Lmao not how it works. We will be hearing about 2013 for a very long time. Hell 20 years later we still hear about the strike of 97.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Exactly. I think there's some spotty places that we are struggling but not widespread.

The mistake I think ups made was thinking oh we had no problems for 2014 everyone will forget 2013. Lmao not how it works. We will be hearing about 2013 for a very long time. Hell 20 years later we still hear about the strike of 97.
Looks like I may have an opening to go somewhere else. Sounds like the problem areas are pretty concentrated.

BrownThunder

Delivering resis out of a uhaul that was just rented so it hasn't been assigned a DOT number or UPS placard.

Living...the...dream...

It gets real fun toward the end of the night when it's freezing out and everyone thinks you're either there to burglarize their entire neighborhood or during the day when folks are convinced you're with ISIS and are about to detonate a bomb in front of their business.

I have noticed not even the uniform calms them down. So glad the cops have not been called on me yet

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'll tell you what man we are getting put through the ringer for "delays" and other than Monday's this has been a gravy peak for me.
Me too. Monday was bad because they pushed Tuesday volume through early. Other than that , it's been an easy 10-11 hours because of my earlier start time and late pick ups.

Today I had an hour down time. Told them I didn't need a helper today. They said use him anyway and wait at pick up until they're done.

It's crazy

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Get in an accident and have your face rearranged Then get back to me.
On a previous route I had a 700 and they'd pack it so tight that just to be able to find stuff on the 1000 shelf I would have to sort all the 1000 shelf stuff I could reach into huge stacks in the cab from floor to ceiling to a point where only half the 1000 section would fit in the cab and at each stop I'd have to get out the driver side and walk around to the passenger side and carefully open the door to get the next package. The rest of the truck would be brick loaded to the ceiling so no other place to sort anything.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

2 more years until 20 years in the past.
It seems just like yesterday ...
out delivering packages and being back in by 5 pm ... no pickups.

HxC MADxMAN

You're not my supervisor
A driver was trying to deliver to a business out of a Uhaul this last week and got asked for his and his driver helpers ID and proof they worked for UPS.

"You guys could be crooks!"

-Driver:"would a crook be DELIVERING your packages to you?"

*signs for packages.*