People really don't realize what their packages actually go through...

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
And the way I often see things packaged says this more than anything. But I got a buddy who works somewhere that accepts UPS drop-offs, and he recently showed me a picture of something someone left. I had to shake my head in disbelief.

Yeah. That's notebook paper and a few pieces of tape.
IMG048.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bet you it's going to Chegg or something, been getting a lot of RS dropoffs myself. Broke college kids with iPhones can't afford a box but mom and dad will get the bill when the rental book doesn't make it back to Chegg.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Bet you it's going to Chegg or something, been getting a lot of RS dropoffs myself. Broke college kids with iPhones can't afford a box but mom and dad will get the bill when the rental book doesn't make it back to Chegg.

So funny you said that

Some community college queen dropped off a chegg RS package in my dropbox. There was no UPS label or address it was being sent to. Just a piece of paper taped to the box with her name, address and instructions to insert this paper inside said box. :groooansmileyf:

If she ever gets a diploma, her professors better be thinking this
ihvbfat.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So funny you said that

Some community college queen dropped off a chegg RS package in my dropbox. There was no UPS label or address it was being sent to. Just a piece of paper taped to the box with her name, address and instructions to insert this paper inside said box. :groooansmileyf:
I know not everyone knows how the UPS system works, but you'd think just about anyone would realize that something like that's just not going to work. What would even be the procedure for handling something like that?

Z

ZQXC

And the way I often see things packaged says this more than anything. But I got a buddy who works somewhere that accepts UPS drop-offs, and he recently showed me a picture of something someone left. I had to shake my head in disbelief.

Yeah. That's notebook paper and a few pieces of tape.View attachment 13240

No string with a knot?

JL 0513

Love it when I see over 70's held together with one piece of tape, and from bulk shippers no less. Then of course it is our fault that the package ends up all screwed up.

Indecisi0n

Love it when I see over 70's held together with one piece of tape, and from bulk shippers no less. Then of course it is our fault that the package ends up all screwed up.
I had a huge box taped up with about 2 rolls of scotch tape. Now I can understand someone who doesn't know better attempting something like this but after the first roll when you step back and actually see what your creating you have to just laugh and come up with a new plan.

mdnj88

I have received packages like that in very recent past. Just brown paper and some packing string.

One of my current pickups still does it this way. Twice a week I pickup 5-10 packages all hand written asd labels with brown paper, string and tape on the ends. The packages are "clean" and secure and I have no problem picking them up. They are all under 10lbs each.

BrownTexas

Had someone give me a small package that was NDA on a tuesday and told me" This package is very fragile and needs to be there by Saturday." I told her," oh it will be there tomorrow. However, it making it in one piece determines how much packaging material you have in there." Pretty sure she expected me to cradle this package all the way to Maryland by myself.

oldngray

nowhere special
Had someone give me a small package that was NDA on a tuesday and told me" This package is very fragile and needs to be there by Saturday." I told her," oh it will be there tomorrow. However, it making it in one piece determines how much packaging material you have in there." Pretty sure she expected me to cradle this package all the way to Maryland by myself.

Its always funny when a customer babies a package like that and the first thing they see you do is set it on its side on your shelf. Its as if they expect it to never go down slides and conveyor belts and you will cradle it yourself the whole way to its destination.