People SUCK!

UPS Lifer

When it really gets frustrating out there with some of these folks you have to deal with, try and remember that 99% of the folks you normally deal with are part of the reason you enjoy being out there every day and not sitting at a desk or in a warehouse. Every time you deliver a package you have a customer that is appreciative of your service.

Talk about immediate recognition!

Most of your customers think you rock!

This is what makes you different from the competition and don't ever forget it!

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Yes, SOME people do suck, but there are a lot of good people too. I was delivering to a Christian book store the other day and the lady behind the counter about ran me over to get to her package. I have never seen someone this excited over a package. :) She couldn't stop thanking me (as if I bought it for her).:happy-very:
I ran the rest of my route that day and when I came back to do my pickups at the the store, she had two BIG bottles of Gatorade (RAIN BERRY) of course. Now I couldn't think her enough for the Gatorade and it felt good that she even "thought" of me after the fact.

thom1842

I had a similar experience PassYouBy. I drive part time Air pickups at night, and one stop I had was running behind in their production schedule because of a last minute order that came in. She had called the 1-800-PickUps number to ask how late they could drop off the package themselves at the airport if it didn't make the scheduled pickup. The 1-800 folks for some reason could not find out the time and told them they were out of luck.
Thankfully it was my last customer stop with only about 5 outside letterboxes next so I waited around for 15 mins until it was ready to go. I got back late, but I told my manager that if customer service had done their job I wouldn't have had to wait around. The next day I get to that stop and liter of Mt. Dew and some chocolate chip cookies are waiting for me.

brownrodster

When someone is not so nice to me I just smile to myself and am thankful that I have one of the best jobs in my county. And I think about how half the families in this county live on less than 50,000$ per year and how lucky I as a single guy make so much more than that. I get paid the big bucks to deal with sucky people. IT's worth it.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Things work a little differently in the big city.People expect us to hold the door for them while holding boxes or balancing a hand truck.Cut in line here and you may find a knife in your back.Respect us,appreciate us? Those folks are the minority not the majority.

maybe its because people can sense your negative attitude.
LOL just kidding, where exactly is " here "