People who "love" their vicious aggressive dogs!

broman

Why do poeple open their doors with their dogs ready to Attack, Escape, Jump all over you. And then have some lame excuse why they Bit you or how you let them escape. GRRR!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As long as the dog isnt trying to bite, I dont care if it jumps up on me. My only concern is in not getting bitten. I am quite popular with the dogs on my route, I always pet them and give them biscuits, so a lot of my customers just open the door and let the dogs come out to greet me when they see me coming. There are only a couple of "problem" dogs on my route, the rest of them I have made friends with.

broman

Its unfortunate that I am now once bitten twice shy. I love many of the animals I encounter but it only a split sec. I dont believe its the animals fault in any way, the owner knows if they have animal that has a propensity to bite or be aggressive. I just cant understand why they would take a chance and open the door with the dog ready to get out?

brownedout

Everyone seems to want a pit bull, rotweiller, etc. They're all gangster wannabees. Thinks it makes them tough. You want to be tough. Train it! Sober, I find the jumpers just as bad as the agressive ones. I don't want any dog jumping on me while I'm trying to navigate a property. And I'm big like you 6'3" 230 lbs. The larger breeds will knock you, me or anyone over with a running start. The smaller ones ALWAYS seem to catch me right in the knee at the exact spot that buckles the leg. I had 1 customer who has since moved who had 3 large breeds (great dane, setter, sheppard) always told me they're safe they just jump on you. I told him 20 years ago i was a D3 Defefensive End and 15 lbs heavier, would you want me jumping on you. He finally understood why I went nowhere near his dogs.

Floyd Gondolli

Downside to the new DIAD. It's obviously smaller. I wouldn't hesitate to protect myself from an attacking dog. I'm not talking shooooing it away either. Blunt force trauma, no exceptions.

A

anonymous6

Why do poeple open their doors with their dogs ready to Attack, Escape, Jump all over you. And then have some lame excuse why they Bit you or how you let them escape. GRRR!

go on Amazon.com/ pets and look for barking deterrants. .for $25 there is a device called Pet Agree that WORKS!

i bought it and my wife used it on our dogs to keep them from barking while i slept. she only had to use it twice and they don't bark anymore if she just shows it to them.

then i use it on walks so when strange dogs come running at me. it uses a sound that we can't hear but makes dogs stop in their tracks. have been using it for 3 months and it works every time.

btw your advatar turns me on.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
go on Amazon.com/ pets and look for barking deterrants. .for $25 there is a device called Pet Agree that WORKS!

i bought it and my wife used it on our dogs to keep them from barking while i slept. she only had to use it twice and they don't bark anymore if she just shows it to them.

then i use it on walks so when strange dogs come running at me. it uses a sound that we can't hear but makes dogs stop in their tracks. have been using it for 3 months and it works every time.

btw your advatar turns me on.

I use a bark collar for my yippy dog. The battery wore out, but I just put the collar on her and she remembers what it does if she barks. She's one of those dogs that go in her backyard and just bark at nothing. It's irritating for me, so it must be for the eighbors too.

She doesn't bark while on her leash out walking. Nine pounds of noise and attitude!!

Packmule

After my recent deal where I ran over a dog,and the company WAY over reacted, I have ceased giving out dog treats. I loved doing so before, and the pr I got was incredible. But in the end, all you need is for a kid to leave a gate open, or an invisible fence to fail, and the dog will come blasting out into the road. Yes, they do that anyway, but if you've been giving the dog treats, you are going to be blamed. And trust me, the company is absoloutely stupid about it lately.

srvhero

"leastbest"
When it bites, I call my lawyer. I use to not be that way but since UPS has started blaming ME for getting bit and charging ME with an accident when a dog runs under my package car, I figure I should be nicely compensated for my troubles.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not sure how you guys centers run but I have yet to be disciplined for not delivering a package that has a dog in the yard. NI1 and leave a notice on the mailbox above the invisible fence plaque stuck in the yard. My safety and my families livelihood is more important than delivering some Zappos shoes. If the customer wants thier package delivered the next day they'll secure thier dog where it won't be a risk to me or itself. If not then I'll slap another note on the mailbox and keep on delivering.

Edit And as for dog treats and whatnot, all it takes is one dog to be allergic to whatever and you're out of a job for awhile at the min. My advice, deliver boxes and stay away from friendly and nasty dogs alike if you have any control over the situation